Recorded TV crashes

tjbhoward
My RTVHD crashes frequently on both of my xbox 360 extenders. I am hoping, MJT, that you can help me narrow it down. I'll try to be as descriptive as I can.
The crashes most often happen within 5 minutes of starting WMC and using RTVHD, but not always. I have also found that if I use other aspects of WMC including going straight to live TV or guide for at least 5 minutes without using RTVHD, I can use RTVHD after that without the likelihood of a crash. The majority of the time when it crashes on 1.8, (1.7.19 crashed way more) it's when navigation through the program is heavy, and then back to live TV, and then I try to once again open RTVHD. When this happens I have no control in WMC other than to open the xbox 360 menu controls and shut down.
It doesn't matter which theme I use. I have changed all appearance themes around to test. I use the setting "close the original RTVHG and start a new instance" but have also tried it the other way.
WMC is on a windows 8 64 bit machine that was upgraded from windows 7 64 bit.
Here are some issues I see regularly in event viewer at the time of the crash.
1. Error: 10010; Distributed COM; System; The server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
2. Warning: 117; Media Center Extender; Media Center; The Media Center Extender user was abruptly disconnected.
3. Warning: 1530; User Profile Service; Application; Windows detected your registry file is in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. (followed by details about 3 user registry handles leaked from registry)

Does this information help point to anything in particular? I really appreciate any help.

Re: Recorded TV crashes

Please try out the latest beta and let me know if it is any better (hopefully not worse )

Latest Beta Info and Download Link