Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
Using latest version or the latest beta I cannot stop the Recorded TV button on my remote taking me to  RecordedTVHD regardless of setting - enabled, disabled or setting the # key. I've had to uninstall recordedtvHD it as this behaviour is not acceptable in my household! This happens on my extender as well.

I have intelliremote installed, which may be a factor?

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Sorry about that. I'll get this fixed asap and will reply in this thread when I've got a fix.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Please download and install this beta ..... It should fix your problem.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
Thanks for the quick response but unfortunately it doesn't fix it.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

First things first... I have no way of testing since I'm at work and don't have a remote here....  I will be able to test tonight.

Secondly... I'm just double checking that you had media center closed on PC and all extenders off when you installed the update as it will check to see if you have the setting enabled when you launch media center.

Thirdly... Make sure your button in the settings menu says, "Enable launching Recorded TV HD with recorded tv remote button" which means it is currently disabled.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
Ok.

Closed all instances of media center.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled.

The button does say "Enable launching Recorded TV HD with recorded tv remote button" in settings.

Fire up extender and press the recorded TV button and it takes me to recordedtvHD.

Pressing CTRL + O on my MCE PC (keyboard, byapssing remote as I'm unable to test using remote at the moment) also takes me to recordedtvHD instead of Recorded TV.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Huh... I've disabled mine and tried pressing CTRL + O and it takes me to to the standard media center recorded tv library as expected.  Try enabling and then disabling again in the settings program.  (Since you use intelliremote to do a CTRL + O I'm assuming, you don't have to restart your computer.)

If that doesn't work I'll have to do some more testing when I'm home and have more time.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Just found a problem in my code... give me a few minutes and I'll send you another version.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Something came up at work... I'll have to work on it tonight.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Please try this beta... I've tried it has successfully worked on 2 of my machines.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
Just done a quick test and it seems OK now with that beta. I had to enable and then disable the button and also restart the intelliremote service but seems ok on extender and main PC. I'll try and do more extensive testing later on.

Thanks.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
SPoke too soon. Just done a restart of the PC and same problem. Enable the disabled and CTRL + O went to recorded tv the first time after that it sent me to recordedtvHD. I don't really have time to investigate this at the moment as I am on night shifts.

Is it possible to get a version which was prior to this new functionality being added for the time being?

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

Sorry about the trouble.  If you have the patience to check one more thing... There is a small possibility that Intelliremote is doing the same thing that I'm doing.  When you rebooted your PC Intelliremote might have recreated the registry value that I get rid of in my settings problem.  If you have a minute open up regedit and navigate here:

 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da

And check if thee is a REG_BINARY value for "ReportMappingTableStandard"

If there is then either Intelliremote is recreating this value or my settings program isn't doing it properly for some reason.

Here is a link to download version 1.4.20 which was before the remote control stuff.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
I'm having a few significant issues with my main MCE PC so I don't want to mess with that at the moment. I've uninstalled recordedtvHD from that PC and installed the latest beta you linked to for me to try on another MCE PC with intelliremote installed. Qiuck testing found:

After installation and with recordedtvhd settings have an "enable button" pressing CRTL+O takes me to the recordedtvhd page. The registry key was not present.

Enabled via recordedtvHD and the registry key was present.

Disabled and the registry key disappeared. Pressed CTRL+O and it took me to the normal recorded TV page. Went back to main menu pressed CTRL+O again and this time it took me to recordedtvhd page. Checked the regitsry setting and the key was not present.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

I'm sorry... I'm having a hard time understanding why the problems are occurring. According to my tests and your information it should work correctly... I have 2 more initial questions:

1. The recorded tv hd background addin must reload after that setting change which means media center must either be closed or restarted on htpc or extenders for the setting to take effect.  Are you doing that after changing the setting?

2. The latest version that I've asked you to try is 1.4.28. I just want to double-check that that is the version that is installed on your machine. You can find the version number if you go to "Programs and features" or "Uninstall a program" in the control panel.

If both of those are true then I will have to give it some more thought as I have thoroughly tested version 1.4.28 on 2 machines. I don't think it has to do with Intelliremote anymore (at least with the latest version) because I am no longer hooking on CTRL-O unless you have the option enabled in the settings program.

Thank you for your patience.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
1) Yes I have been doing that but....

2) I had version 1.4.26 installed. I've definitely got 1.4.28 installed now and it is behaving correctly on this PC!  I'm not sure now that I had the correct version installed on my main PC now but won't be able to test this for a few days but I suspect it is OK now.

Re: Recorded TV button navigates to RecordedTVHD despite being disabled.

poissony
Tested on the main PC and it's working fine, thanks for the fix.