Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

jaguar5150
Hello,

I am running into an issue where my remote RecordedTVHD systems are not identifying new shows.  It was working without issue before, but I recently changed some things around.

Here's my current setup:
2xHDHomeRun Dual OTA Tuners
Recording PC is a VM running Windows 7 Pro 64

Remote TVs are not identifying the shows, however the recording PC has no issue.

When opening Find a Missing Or Unidentified File, I get the following error:  "The Recorded TV HD Service is running but might be stuck if <filename.wtv> is a recular recording.  Would you like to restart it?"

Any ideas here?  Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

Are there any recordings showing up on those remote machines? If not then it sounds like a problem with incorrect user credentials on the remote machines. Make sure you input credentials on each remote machine that is a local user account (on that remote machine) and that local user account has permissions to access the remote shares.

If there are some recordings have you tried restarting the Recorded TV HD Service?

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

jaguar5150
Hello - thanks for your reply!

It doesn't appear to be a permissions issue.  I am running a domain environment, and have set the domain user account as a local administrator on the recording PC and am using those credentials on the remote machines.  I've even tried the local administrator account on the recording PC as well as my own account and nothing seems to get the RecordedTVHD service to process the files.

The remote machines use this same account as the logon account and Media Center has that UNC path configured as a "Media Library".  I can watch and delete the shows from the Media Center's built-in recorded TV interface.

I did also try reinstalling the service on the remote machines, though it doesn't appear the uninstaller is removing all of the settings.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing the problem?

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

Are there any error messages in the event viewer for the RecordedTVHDService in the Application log?

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

jaguar5150
Hi, yes there are.  These are from the remote machines and appear to repeat frequently:

The parameter is incorrect.
mscorlibVoid WinIOError(Int32, System.String)   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.WalkDirectoryTree(DirectoryInfo root)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.WalkDirectoryTree(DirectoryInfo root)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ScanAllFiles()

I didn't see any other messages of note, other than service start messages, etc.

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

Haven't seen that one before. After looking into it briefly I'm not really sure what is going on. I'm assuming that if you copy a recording or 2 to the remote PCs, that are having trouble, they will see them if they are local files?

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

jaguar5150
Figured it out.

I had created a disk on the VM just for recorded TV (the D drive) and set the recording PC to use "D:" as the folder for recording storage.  I had shared the root of the disk as "Recorded TV".

Media Center created a folder on D: (D:\Recorded TV).

Once I moved the actual share from D:\ to D:\Recorded TV, the remote machines immediately picked up the series and populated the interface.

Thanks for sticking with me while I worked through this!

Re: Recorded TV Will Not Identify New Shows

Great!