Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

Manny1967
Hi MJT -

Love the software...love it!!!

Just received your message regarding that we must upgrade. I did upgrade to 1.9.0.  But...

1) Reduced movie and TV stripe performance with XBox 360 extenders..actually locks up the Xbox connections.
2) Unable to save the TV or Movie sort function to what we want it to be when we re-enter the TV of Movie sections. Unlike that ability we had in 1.8.0.

I was forced to roll back to 1.8.0 to keep everyone else happy... Is, 1.8.0 impacted by TheMovieDB.org's v3 API change?

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

If you are running 1.8.0 you will still be able to record and play movies. You just won't get any artwork for new movies.

Sorry about the issues... I'm not going to be able to fix them right way because I made a mistake and installed Windows 8.1 RTM on my development machine.... which pretty much completely breaks 3rd party addins like Recorded TV HD. So I can program, but really can't test anything :)

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

Manny1967
Thanks MJT -

Your dedication is appreciated and totally understand that Windows 8.1 is an import issue to resolve.  I've upgraded today from version 1.8.0 to 1.9.0...one thing I need to add to the list of bugs:

Under Windows 7 with 3 Xbox 360 as extenders:

Current Known Issues:
1) Xbox 360 Extender performance (wired) on Movie Strip locks up or freezes - and slow to view under Windows Media Center and Poster view Appearance, when working.  The TV strip is much better in performance compared to the Movie Strip.  When comparing Record TV HD Move Strip to WMC Movie Library, Record TV HD really lags in performance and locks up...not sure if that information helps, but thought I would share.
2) Xbox 360 Extender - when watched streamed recorded movies and using the info button to read movie info and using the exit/back button, locks up the Extender, but the small preview window continues to play.
3) Xbox 360 and PC - Movie strip - remembering to stay where you were last on the sort function - doesn't work.  Working fine in 1.8.0, but now always defaults to sort by title.

New Issues:
4) Xbox 360 and PC - When upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9, previously recorded shows/series are wiped out and need to be redone.
5) Xbox 360 and PC - Under Tips & Tricks option, "Changing the Sort Order" crashes Recorded TV HD.  So no ability to change the sort order, which might explain why issue #3 is happening.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

I've figured out why it isn't remembering the last header option. I've fixed it in my code. I'll take a look at the stuff you posted today and will let you know.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

Manny1967
Thanks MJT -- please keep up the great work.

I've updated another bug to the list:

[...]

New Issue:
6) Xbox 360 and PC - when scheduled a recording, and setting for only saving 2 recordings of that show, under WMC, it should delete the oldest show.  It's not, it's just adding to the list of saved shows.  It should remove the old show.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

tletourneau
Sorry to jump in on this when I have my own post about performance but I wonder if this may be similar to what I am experiencing as I only use extenders. Although I haven't used the Movie Strip I have noticed that the system hangs for 15-25 seconds when going into the recorded TV menu.

I will keep an eye on the posts, if there are any kind of diagnostics I can run to help please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

Manny1967
I think its the same issues...so PLEASE add to the list.  MJT is REALLY GREAT at getting to these fixes.  It's just in what order MJT can get to the fixes.

The more we identify the bugs, makes it easier for MJT to solve.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

tletourneau
I'll gladly do whatever I can to help. If there are things I can try and report back on let me know and I will do it.

The issue I am seeing is with entering recorded TV, I see a lag of 15-35 seconds. I do not see anything on the PC side when this happens, CPU and memory are OK.

Let me know what I can do to help! I really like the look of the application and would love it completely if it was a bit more responsive on my extenders.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

tletourneau
I've noticed that the extended occasionally (and randomly) seems to lock up when fast forwarding, rewinding or using comskip. When using comskip the program forwards to the end of the commercial and keeps playing but the time bar and time stay on the screen and do not increment. When fast forwarding/rewinding the same issue occurs, the time bar comes up does not show changes. Regardless of the activity when it occurs none of the MC commands from the remote function but I am able to switch to Xbox mode and restart MCE and it works normally again. I am not seeing anything on the MC computer that indicates a problem. Please let me know what other information I can provide.

Tom

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

Tom,

I've seen this as well, but have not been able to fix. Try turning off the commercial skip viewer in the settings and see if you are still having the problem.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

tletourneau
Thanks, I've turned it off and will report back. I am still having speed issues when entering the recorded tv hd interface.

New Issue:
7) When in Media Center Like Theme - when choosing to play a recorded TV show or movie, the default starting point in the options is "Delete"...you might want to consider that to be "Play"...just like the basic media center record tv default option.

Re: Recorded TV HD Update Concerns

tletourneau
Well after trying a few themes it seems like my issues are directly tied to artwork. When trying the themes that are art heavy the load time seems to take around 30 seconds. When I use the list theme it loads quickly but it takes around 4 seconds to load the artwork when switching between the programs. I know I can shut off the artwork but that removes a really nice feature of the software.

This only seems to affect the extenders.

Any ideas, maybe some way to cache the artwork on the extender once iit's viewed?
That would probably help.

I've updated to the beta version with no change.

Thanks,
Tom