Here is summary of the state of play with last official MJT release of Recorded TV HD (v2.0.3).
v2.0.3 actually reports as v2.0.2 in the GUI. This is because it was just the background service which was rebuilt with a newer library for TheTVDB. So it looks quite similar except a few of the files are dated 2020.
In the v2.0.3 release, the TvDbSharper library, which processes API requests for TheTVDB was updated by MJT to support the v3 API. With v2.0.3 installed you should find that any new shows will get artwork. If you have the periodic check for artwork enabled then the existing shows should get artwork when they are next checked. This check is determined by a date in the database.
However, many functions were left unchanged, meaning that v2.0.3 still has a lot of unresolved issues...
Some great news for users of Recorded TV HD! I was recently approached by another RTVHD user who is a programmer and offered to take a look at some of the bugs which are present in the v2.0.3 release. They have done some amazing work without access to the original source code; decompiling the executables, wrestling with the architecture and working their beta tester hard.
The culmination of that effort is Recorded TV HD v2.1.1 which fixes many legacy bugs in the old code, restores all the fuctionality lost after TheTVDB.com updated their servers, and even adds several new features! This patch includes new versions of both the RecordedTVHDSettings utility and the RecordedTVHDService background service which does all the heavy lifting behind the scenes. As a result, I think Recorded TV HD is now working better than it ever has!
Fixed & Updated - [Settings] Search button on Edit Series screen will now show results from a web search of the series name at TheTVDB.com.
- [Settings] Default artwork (highest ranking) can once again be downloaded based on the provided TheTVDB ID (no more 404 error).
- [Settings/Service] Total overhaul of artwork file handling to fix file locking issues.
- [Service] Updated database engine libraries.
- [Service] TV artwork downloads fixed for season specific posters and episode thumbnails.
- [Service] Fixed mismatched case issues in filenames and titles.
- [Service] Additional database health checks and housekeeping. Including repair of orphaned movie titles broken by previous bad TMDb API calls (you may find some missing, but not deleted, movies will reappear in the Media Center GUI).
- [Service] Even better handling of Media Center Manual recordings.
- [Service] Resolved permanent database locking by background service.
- [Service] Improved search logic when matching series/episodes.
- [Settings] Improved error handling for bad artwork URLs.
New Features + [Settings] New Select Backdrop and Select Poster buttons which allow you to preview and select your preferred artwork for the TV series from all those available.
+ [Settings] Similar artwork functionality has been added to the Edit Movies screen, so you can now:
+ [Settings] Perform a web search of the movie name at TheMovieDB.org.
+ [Settings] Use the TMDb ID to preview and select your preferred backdrop and poster for the movie from all those available.
+ [Settings] Artwork override selections can be filtered to show just English & Unspecified or All Languages.
+ [Settings] Artwork which has been overridden now has a visual indicator (download the default artwork again to clear the override).
+ [Settings] Add Movie dialog for unidentified files now supports Title or TMDb ID search and downloading of metadata and default artwork.
+ [Service] TMDb ID is now stored in database for movies when automatically identified or if input manually.
+ [Service] Added background service logging. Defaults to INFO level and logs to C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Logs, DEBUG and OFF levels can be configured through GlobalSettings.ini, [Settings] section; e.g. LogLevel=DEBUG
Known Issues * The Media Center GUI reports as v2.0.2. This is because changes have only been made to the background service and settings utility.
* Recorded TV HD was designed for Windows 7 & 8. It may or may not work in Windows 10 depending on build and configuration variances.
Installation 1. This is a community-made update patch, you must have the last official MJT release of Recorded TV HD (v2.0.3) installed before applying the patch.
2. As a precautionary measure, take a backup of your existing Recorded TV HD database using the Backup function within the Recorded TV HD Settings utility.
3. Simply run the setup executable and click through the screens.
4. The installer will stop the background service, install the new files and restart the service. Supports both 32-bit and 64-bit installations.