Recorded Shows Not Recording

Manny1967
I was using 1.80 and then upgrade to 1.8.2 and 1.8.3...

Now I went back to 1.80 and when using the menu to record shows via my Xbox 360 extenders, nothing is being recorded and lots of crashes... so I had to uninstall Recorded HD TV until the bugs are fixed for extenders.

Darn...I really liked the program and had high hopes for its use.

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

If I had to guess, they are being recorded, but they aren't showing up. This is a known problem, but I have yet to solve it.

v.1.8.3 Hasn't updated with New Recorded Content for 2 Days

If you would like a link to an older version, let me know.

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

Manny1967
I'll be happy to try an older version...yes, send me the link...let's see if we can figure out the path forward :)

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

Here are a couple of versions for you....

1.7.3 - Last stable release before 1.8.0
1.7.28 - One of the last betas before 1.8.0 (it really shouldn't be too much different than 1.8.0)

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

Manny1967
Thanks...I'll try and report back.

I have some more insight as to what is taking place on the "not recorded tv shows via the Xbox extenders".

Everything seems to work on the HTPC, on the Xbox 360 extenders, when viewing via the recorded TV HD guide, and choosing the record button on the remote, the little red circle shows on the guide, indicating a scheduled recording.  But it doesn't record --- I've checked the recorded folder for the file --nothing there.  Not sure if this happens because  I turn off the Xbox before the show starts to record or if I leave the Xbox on, the show will record -  something to consider.

On the HTPC, this doesn't happen, but then again, the HTPC is always left on.

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

So it doesn't record at all.... That wouldn't have anything to do with Recorded TV HD since all it does is detect the recordings and put it in its interface.

Re: Recorded Shows Not Recording

Manny1967
This post was updated on .
Thanks -- Ok...this is what I did.

1) I uninstalled my Xbox's from the HTPC
2) I removed, manually, from my Xbox extender reference folders in the C:\User deleted the apropriate MCX folder
3) I removed all references on the C:\ folders of RecordTVHD and every where else on the hard drive
4) Reinstalled 1.7x, did my settings and then did an update to 1.8
5) Reinstalled Xbox's
6) Updated to 1.8
7) No more freezing on the Xbox's

Still a 8 - 10 second delay in loading and backing out of the RecordTVHD menus..but I know folks are working on improving that response rate for Xbox extenders.