Recorded Movies

constantcharge
Hi,

Cant seem to get recorded art/backdrop's working. TV shows work and can fix via app but unable to get movie drops.
I have file eg shrek2.wtv going into fix movie file and selecting correct cover doesn't seem do download it either.

anything I can try???

Re: Recorded Movies

With WTV files it first tries to pull the metadata from the WTV file itself. If there isn't enough metadata (in terms of number of fields) it will attempt to pull the name from the file itself.

When you attempted to select the correct cover did it rename the video file to "Shrek 2.wtv" if it started without a space? It is supposed to rename the file so that it will be properly identified based on the filename but if it has too much metadata it will use that instead.. and if the title field in the metadata says "shrek2" then it probably won't match it.

Hopefully I'm making sense :) ... I can't test it again right now, but that is how it is supposed to work.

Re: Recorded Movies

constantcharge
Hi,

No it didn't rename after I tried to fix. I even tried to manually rename and still no artwork.

I have now renamed to Shrek2 / Shrek2 (2004) ,still no go. Have also tried the other movies I have with same result.

Any ideas?

Re: Recorded Movies

There should be a space between like this: Shrek 2 (2004)

If that doesn't work let me know.

Re: Recorded Movies

constantcharge
Thanks for the fast reply.

Yea I tried that and still doesn't work.

Re: Recorded Movies

The first thing that I assume is that the movies are in a watched directory because you were able to attempt to identify them through the interface.

Second, it seems that the .wtv has "too much metadata" to be detected by the file name since it seems to be named correctly.

If this is a ripped movie that you converted to.wtv.... I haven't been able to test the scenario again this morning but you should be able to right click on the .wtv file and go to properties and the edit the metadata and remove the title and other metadata you see.... Save that by clicking ok... Either move the file outside of the watched directories and then move it back it back in for it to be rerecognized or stop the "RecordedTVHDService" service and restarting the service for it to rescan everything on demand. That way it will attempt to get the metadata and mages based on the file name.

Re: Recorded Movies

constantcharge
Ok I got it to work , Had approx 10 movies. None showing art. All were default filenames from recorded tv.

moved out of watch directory cleared data (metadata)
put back into watch and tried to fix artwork (didn't pick up automatically)
artwork fix didn't work.

moved out again
renamed files eg shrek 2 (2004).wtv and had to also added this to file title properties.
this worked.

if there is too much metadata is there a way to pick what data files use by default for artwork eg metadata or file name.

Re: Recorded Movies

FYI...  I know that was way too much trouble for you to have to go through...

So I know what to test... were these ripped and converted or recorded off TV? If they were recorded then what were some of the file title properties (metadata) before hand?

Thanks.

Re: Recorded Movies

constantcharge
Yea, bit of a pain to do every time

These were all recorded direct from tv,
example of original file names format

Lethal Weapon 3_GO_2012_06_11_19_18_00.wtv
Shrek 2_2012_05_14_19_20_00.wtv

Thanks for the quick reply's!