RTVHD Hangs after delete

MalibuDave42
I am using the current production version. Consistently, when I delete a show from WMC RecordedTV screen. press Back/Exit on my Harmony remote, I return to RTVHD and it is hung. Using a keyboard does allow me to access the X to close WMC (remotte is unresponsive). WMC must be restarted.

thanks

Re: RTVHD Hangs after delete

I'm a little confused and would like to ask a few questions for clarification. First, there is a good chance that I may have fixed this problem between the latest production version and the newest beta version because I'm pretty sure I added a check for existence of the file. You might want to try the latest beta.... If you are still having problems....

1. Am I correct in understanding that you are deleting a show from the standard Windows Media Center Recorded TV screen and not in Recorded TV HD?

2. If so, which screen exactly is it and what steps do you take to get to that screen after playing the episode through Recorded TV HD.

3. If I'm not understanding, please explain the best you can so I can try to reproduce it.

Re: RTVHD Hangs after delete

MalibuDave42
1. Yes, I am deleting a program while in the native Recorded TV, then moving directly to RTVHD. Upon arrival, RTVHD is unresponsive to the remote and keyboard, but via keyboard MCE can be controlled - shutdown or main menu.

2. I have not played anything via RTVHD. When my home theater comes on after pressing Watch TV on my Harmony remote, I am seeing the MCE Recorded TV strip (see the Harmony thread on this issue). The MCE RTV's focus is on the program I will delete. I press delete, answer yes to delete.. still on the strip. Pressing Exit on the remote takes me to the RTVHD dual row of programs (the default home screen for RTVHD). At this point, I cannot move the focus, I cannot press OK, I cannot press Exit -- there is no response to the Harmony remote. If I grab the keyboard, I cannot click on any program, navigate with arrows or any RTVHD response.

3. IMO - both RTVHD and MCE Recorded TV have focus on the same program, though I cannot see RTVHD's state since I am seeing MCE Recorded TV. Be deleting the show from MCE RTV, it is deleted "out from under RTVHD".. RTVHD becomes confused since the show in focus is no longer there.

Am I helping at all?

WRT the beta - I gave it try in early August and found it to be too unstable for the WAF. How close are to you a release?

Re: RTVHD Hangs after delete

The latest beta should be release quality. I've considered releasing it but decided to hold back for just a little longer in case someone else finds an issue.