RTVHD Frequently Freezes Up, WMC Records On

RTVHD Frequently Freezes Up, WMC Records On

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
MJT,

RTVHD frequently freezes up for me, at least four times a week.  This has been happening to me for at least the last 7-8 beta builds.  (To pacify my family, I've had to add a "Recorded TV HD Reset" button to the Windows taskbar that launches a batch file to "fix" the issue for them.)

Thanks to the recent addition of the timeclock, I can see exactly when the freeze occurs.  This time around, an error message was captured in the Application Log of Event Viewer.  Please review and see if this helps to address this issue.

Also, in List View, if you're able to also add the timeclock to the upper-right corner of the Episode List and Episode Detail screens (like on the Series List screen), I'd greatly appreciate it.

MoRBiD

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <EventRecordID>5122678</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DVR</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. at System.Data.SQLite.UnsafeNativeMethods.sqlite3_column_type(IntPtr stmt, Int32 index) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.ColumnAffinity(SQLiteStatement stmt, Int32 index) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetSQLiteType(Int32 i) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DataReaderContainer.CommonLanguageSubsetDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values) at System.Data.ProviderBase.SchemaMapping.LoadDataRow() at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) at System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetTVDBID(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Re: RTVHD Frequently Freezes Up, WMC Records On

So every time it freezes up you see that error message? That is very strange since the Media Center addin and the service work completely independently.

The only thing I can think of that could be happening is the service somehow locks the database from being read or something when that error occurs. I know someone has reported that error message in the event viewer before, but I was not able to track down the cause or a solution.

Can you do me a favor and check for the other errors that are in the event viewer for when it freezes? I'm especially curious whether or not it is happening at the "GetTVDBID(String FileLocation....) spot every time or if it is doing it at other places. You can see that at the very end.