RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

brux2dc
There are many faults logged in the Event Viewer.  The stability of the program seems to degrade as time has passed.

Here are the logs for the last 7 days:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        RecordedTVHDService
Date:          3/7/2014 3:25:32 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
A generic error occurred in GDI+.   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/75692-10.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\75692][Law & Order Special Victims Unit.jpg
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16281</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>MainHTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>A generic error occurred in GDI+.   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/75692-10.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\75692][Law & Order Special Victims Unit.jpg</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Date:          3/8/2014 10:08:06 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Trying to create backdrop thumb error: c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\269641][!MCSeries!289469071.jpgA generic error occurred in GDI+.   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ResizeBackdropForThumbnail(String imagePath)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16363</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>MainHTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Trying to create backdrop thumb error: c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\269641][!MCSeries!289469071.jpgA generic error occurred in GDI+.   at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ResizeBackdropForThumbnail(String imagePath)</Data>

Date:          3/8/2014 10:08:06 PM
Event ID:      0
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/269641-5.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\269641][!MCSeries!289469071.jpg
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16362</EventRecordID>
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/269641-5.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\269641][!MCSeries!289469071.jpg</Data>

Date:          3/9/2014 8:56:05 PM
Event ID:      0
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/75993-4.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\75993][!GenericSeries!The Night That Changed America A Grammy Salute to the Beatles.jpg
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16372</EventRecordID>
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/75993-4.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\75993][!GenericSeries!The Night That Changed America A Grammy Salute to the Beatles.jpg</Data>

Date:          3/10/2014 8:10:40 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Trying to create backdrop thumb error: c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267260][!MCSeries!289518847.jpgOut of memory.   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.ResizeBackdropForThumbnail(String imagePath)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16446</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>MainHTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Trying to create backdrop thumb error: c:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267260][!MCSeries!289518847.jpgOut of memory.   at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)

Date:          3/10/2014 8:10:40 PM
Event ID:      0
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/267260-2.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267260][!MCSeries!289518847.jpg
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16445</EventRecordID>
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.GetArtwork(String imageUrl, String SaveArtworkPath) - imageUrl = http://thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/267260-2.jpg - SaveArtworkPathc:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\Images\Backdrops\267260][!MCSeries!289518847.jpg</Data>

Date:          3/12/2014 3:07:37 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Abort due to constraint violation
column FileLocation is not unique   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="RecordedTVHDService" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>16574</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>MainHTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Abort due to constraint violation
column FileLocation is not unique   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at RecordedTVHDService.Service1.CheckOtherFileAndAddMetadata(String FileLocation, SQLiteConnection sql_con)</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Thanks.

Using 1.9.5

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

The only errors that would really effect your daily use are the GDI+ errors which are just errors when trying to download and convert the artwork from thetvdb.com. For some reason it seems to be having trouble with those images. I can try to look into it, but when you look at the error message you can actually manually download the image from the url provided and save it to the place it's trying to save it. I usually do some re-sizing so that things load a little faster, but you shouldn't have to do that if you are only doing this for a few of them.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

brux2dc
I get the "RECORDED TV HD has stopped responding and will be closed" msgbox generated by Media Center.  Also there is a Media Center Extensibility Host has failed error box generated by windows.

Should I copy the error log info generated by windows and post it here?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM, MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
The only errors that would really effect your daily use are the GDI+ errors which are just errors when trying to download and convert the artwork from thetvdb.com. For some reason it seems to be having trouble with those images. I can try to look into it, but when you look at the error message you can actually manually download the image from the url provided and save it to the place it's trying to save it. I usually do some re-sizing so that things load a little faster, but you shouldn't have to do that if you are only doing this for a few of them.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/RTHD-fails-every-day-or-so-SQLlite-GDI-Faults-tp5708748p5708750.html
To unsubscribe from RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults), click here.
NAML

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

brux2dc
Any suggestions?  I'm quickly needing to step away from Media Center because this program causes continual crashes.  I love the interface, and want to keep using this program...

I'm getting the same this this guy posted about having the program stop working...

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Freezes-with-Xbox-360-Extender-tp5708141p5708718.html

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

Sorry. I don't really know why it is happening. If I didn't say it already, the errors in the event viewer won't effect your experience in Media Center. I don't really know how to debug it unless you are doing the same exact thing every time it happens and that way I can try to reproduce it or at least look at the code that is executing during that time. I do not see the Media Center crashing that you are describing happening at all on my machines.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

mogulman
Recorded TV HD crashes for me, but not media center.  It has done this since I started using it a while ago.  I just come to accept it.  It seems to happen when I am in Recorded TV HD for too long.  Not sure why it is occuring.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

brux2dc
This is exactly what happens to me.  Media Center is fine, it's RTVHD that crashes.  Media Center is what tells me that RTVHD has failed.

Maybe add a logging function that is RTVHD specific in the next build to zero in on what's failing?

Allan Richards
Sent via iPhone

On Apr 7, 2014, at 22:58, "mogulman [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Recorded TV HD crashes for me, but not media center.  It has done this since I started using it a while ago.  I just come to accept it.  It seems to happen when I am in Recorded TV HD for too long.  Not sure why it is occuring.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/RTHD-fails-every-day-or-so-SQLlite-GDI-Faults-tp5708748p5708771.html
To unsubscribe from RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults), click here.
NAML

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

pmrowley
MJT Software wrote
Sorry. I don't really know why it is happening. If I didn't say it already, the errors in the event viewer won't effect your experience in Media Center. I don't really know how to debug it unless you are doing the same exact thing every time it happens and that way I can try to reproduce it or at least look at the code that is executing during that time. I do not see the Media Center crashing that you are describing happening at all on my machines.
You know, that's really not an acceptable answer from someone who has taken money from thousands of people for this plug-in.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

tzr916
mogulman wrote
Recorded TV HD crashes for me, but not media center.  It has done this since I started using it a while ago.  I just come to accept it.  It seems to happen when I am in Recorded TV HD for too long.  Not sure why it is occuring.
SAME HERE.

I use external player. So RTVHD stays open the whole time I am watching with external player... When the player exits then there is the WMC error box saying RTVHD has crashed.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

Good to know about it doing it when using an external player. I'll investigate. Thanks.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

tzr916
sucks because the WMC error (reporting RTVHD has crashed close/cancel) steals the focus from the external player so I have to grab a mouse to refocus the player...

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

MrPhil
It's not related to external players, I get this crash all the time with RTVHD. So much that we only use it for the kids shows which are in a separate folder, our main Recorded tv interface usage has gone back to the built in WMC interface because RTVHD is so unstable. The message is Recorded Tv HD has stopped responding and you will be returned to windows media center. I came to the forum today looking for a solution for this specific issue.

Are there any debug logs which I can provide which could pinpoint why and help with a fix?

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

brux2dc
I've been pretty much ignored by the developer on this.  Hopefully you'll have better luck.

Brux2dc
Sent via iPhone

On Jul 26, 2014, at 8:09, "MrPhil [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

It's not related to external players, I get this crash all the time with RTVHD. So much that we only use it for the kids shows which are in a separate folder, our main Recorded tv interface usage has gone back to the built in WMC interface because RTVHD is so unstable. The message is Recorded Tv HD has stopped responding and you will be returned to windows media center. I came to the forum today looking for a solution for this specific issue.

Are there any debug logs which I can provide which could pinpoint why and help with a fix?

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/RTHD-fails-every-day-or-so-SQLlite-GDI-Faults-tp5708748p5708901.html
To unsubscribe from RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults), click here.
NAML

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

Are there any messages in the event viewer here for when this message comes up and Recorded TV HD closes? For some reason it seems to show up as an information event instead of an error.

Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Media Center

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

tzr916
tzr916 wrote
SAME HERE.

I use external player. So RTVHD stays open the whole time I am watching with external player... When the player exits then there is the WMC error box saying RTVHD has crashed.
Strangely, I have not seen the crash/error in WMC even one time since posting here over three weeks ago. I was getting them as often as once/twice per day. I have no idea why the problem seems to be gone now.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

MrPhil
The event log only has an event for extensibility host crashing when RTVHD HD fails. However I have noticed that the vast majority of crashes are occurring on Extenders, not the main pc.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

MrPhil
Further investigation reveals that each time I enter RTVHD interface from WMC start menu, another instance of ehexthost.exe is spawned. Over the space of several minutes I was able to get 10 ehexthost.exe showing under the current user just by hitting back and going back to favourites, and RTVHD started hanging and crashing. Multiplied across multiple extenders as well and this ends up with a lot of ram in use. After several minutes these instances start to close but often one crashes during exit and kills ehshell.exe at the same time.

I'm assuming one of the reasons this doesn't happen for everyone is that my daughters watch a lot of short 5 minute shows, generating lots of ehexthost processes which if you are just watching shows which are 30 mins or an hour long you would never build up enough processes quickly enough to crash WMC.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

Thanks for the info. I'll try to investigate. The ehexthost.exe process is handled entirely by Media Center and my first thought is that I don't really have any control on how those close... but I'll definitely look into it as this does seem like it could be a good lead. Are you on Windows 7 or 8?

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

MrPhil
This is on Windows 7. I'll keep an eye out for more clues, in the meantime I've set a nightly reboot task on the pc which is helping to reduce the problem.

Re: RTHD fails every day or so (SQLlite,GDI+ Faults)

mogulman
I posted my stuff in a different thread.  This seems to happen when RTVHD crashed for me:

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/GDI-and-out-of-memory-error-tp5708838p5708839.html