RTH Hangs/Restart service...

pezboy
I've been having quite a few instances lately where RTH hangs and all my recordings only show under the 'Unidentified' header. I realize the RTH service must be stopped and restarted to resolve this. I've even gone as far as to create a shortcut in Media Center that executes 'Net.exe' with a Start or Stop 'Recorded TV HD Service' argument. I can get this shortcut to execute in Media Center on my main HTPC just fine. My question is: Is it possible to get this same shortcut to execute through an XBOX 360?

I don't even want to think of opening the Pandora's box that is trying to explain to my wife or kids how to stop and start RTH on the host machine, which is why I was hoping a simple button shortcut on the 360 would do the trick. Am I wishing for the moon?

Thanks again for the great app and the support you put into it.

Re: RTH Hangs/Restart service...

I've never been able to figure out why some people have this issue.... but I've seen a few people set up a scheduled task to restart the Recorded TV HD Service every so often (whatever works best for you) to try to avoid this problem. You could point the scheduled task to what you are doing with the Net.exe.