Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

tradetek
In the scheduled recordings view, the posters all run together regardless of day. There isn't any visual way to tell what show is being recorded on what day except to go highlight a poster and look at the description below the poster.

It would be really helpful if there was a day and/or date indicator either above or in front of (maybe running vertically) the first poster of a new day to give a visual break for each recording day.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

In looking at the documentation... I'm not sure if it is possible.  It is a good idea that I've briefly looked into before... I'll look again and see if I can figure anything out.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

adsinottawa
Similarly, on the top of my wish list is a day split on the recorded tv strip when sorted by date recorded... much like in the standard media center recorded tv.  After using media center for 5+ years, I really miss this day break in my recorded tv view.

Example here:

Continue to love this product!!!

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
+1!

Break recordings up by day would be nie :)

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

I've looked into this in the past but couldn't find a solution... an idea just popped in my head, but I have no idea if it will work or not. I'll post back here if I can get it to work.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

Anytime I tried to separate it into groups and/or put the date out in front of the poster the whole layout went wacky... Here is what I came up with... Any list on the main page that is sorted by date (including favorites lists) will have the day/date banner. This obviously will be an option as not everyone likes the same things . What do you think?

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

tradetek
So making it an option definitely makes sense.

Have you tested the impact on views with multiple grouped grouped by show instead of displayed individually?

I display main recorded tv view and favorites by show, not individual episode.

Then I show a date recorded view by episode and the schedulded view.

I use a single row poster view as a sidenote.

Thanks for your hard work.

This is awesome - exactly what I'm looking for.  Great work!
qqx

Could you provide two options for that?  I'd really like to turn that on for the view of scheduled recordings, but I don't think I want it for the other views.  For the scheduled recordings I'd like the easy reminder of when shows will be available, but once they've been recorded I don't really care how old they are.  And, since I'm typically looking at folders of shows rather than individual episodes it wouldn't really make sense in the other views anyway.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
This is good!

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

This is the plan. I'll have an option to show it only on scheduled recordings as I agree with you.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

tradetek
Right, thats the main reason I asked my question about the impact of series groupings because the only place I really look at anything in a date sorted view is the scheduled recordings view. When I'm in the main view everything is grouped by series and when I'm in a series everything is grouped by season and then displayed/sorted by original episode airdate.

Thanks again for the effort on this!

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

Please try out the latest beta and let me know how that works for you. As I said above... you can have it show up on all lists sorted by date or just the scheduled recordings.

Latest beta info and download

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
Thanks for publishing the update so quickly, sadly it caused some trouble for me :(
Since I installed the update I  messed with some appeareance settings (as per your release notes), and after I stopped/started the service again, almost all of my files appear unidentified! :( Only my .wtv files are identified, but my .mkv, .avi and all my other movies and tv shows (which make up for 99% of my media) appear as unidentified. I guess I should report this under the bug forum.
Anyways, i'm uninstalling and re-installing now and lets see what happens

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

My other file types are showing up ok. If you are still having the problem please post something under the beta support section. Thanks.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's all good now I'll post some feedback on the new features shortly :)

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
This post was updated on .
Ok so it looks like if there are any unwached episodes in the series, a second banner appears with the date of the latest unwatched episode (see screenshot bellow)

See "canadas got talent"? the latest episode recorded yesterday (which is why it's between yesterday and saturday), but there is an unwatched episode from 3/18/2012 which is why there's a banner there too.
Pretty much everyday there's a series with some unwatched episodes hence displaying that banner, which makes it very cluttered :/

Thanks!

Fernando

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

fernando
I marked everything as watched and now every single series shows a date banner (see screenshot bellow).

I sort by date recorded, group by series, group by seasons where applicable.

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

Thanks for the info!  I can't believe I missed that! I thought I had it working and then I only turned it on for scheduled so must not have tested enough.... Guess that is why I have betas and great beta testers!

Re: Put day banner between poster groups in scheduled recordings

It was a stupid mistake that I made when I was implementing the unwatched tv header option. It should be fixed in the next release.