Provide access to WMC "custom recording" interface

Provide access to WMC "custom recording" interface

tradetek
In WMC's Recorded TV view you can do the following:

select the link at the top of the screen to "add recording"
select the link for "Wish List or Keyword"

To get to WMC's "custom recording" interface. This interface allows you to set up an ambiguous future recording based on a property that you know will be in a show or movie that will be aired in the future but is not yet in the guide is pretty much the last reason I have to continue showing the default WMC Recorded TV interface.

It would be create if you could provide access to this interface so that I can dump the WMC Recorded TV strip.

Re: Provide access to WMC "custom recording" interface

I'm sorry. The Windows Media Center SDK provides no way for me to send you to that screen. In the past I've tried rooting around in the Media Center dlls, but it seems that all of that stuff is "protected" and cannot be called by a 3rd party app. If it was buried under the settings somewhere I can send keypresses to get the user there, but I can't find it anywhere.

Re: Provide access to WMC "custom recording" interface

tradetek
Bummer. Thanks for looking.