Problems with RTVHD

Vtedwards
I recently installed a copy of this software for evaluation on my HTPC.  Unfortunately, in its correct state, it does not suit my needs.  First if a program is recorded, but the time length or date is corrupted, it will not display as a recorded program.  I verified this problem by seeing the recorded program through other HTPCs attached to my WHS 2011 and only running the standard Windows 7 Media Center TV menu display.  I haven't be able to determine how to work around this problem.  Second and more critical, one has to ensure the TV menu strip display is reset back to default BEFORE uninstalling RTVHD. If not, one cannot see the default TV menu strip at all after de-installation.  I had to reinstall RTVHD so I could change the setting back to default and enable me to see the stock Media Center TV menu strip once again.  In the process of doing all of this, my Ceton tuner assignments were completely hosed and I spent 90 minutes reinstalling the tuner assignments.  Needless to say, this completely soured me on this program.  Until those areas are addressed, I cannot take the chance and install this program in my HTPCs.

Thanks and I wish you luck with this software.

Re: Problems with RTVHD

1. I'll have to look into this. I've never had a recording with a "corrupted" time length or date and I haven't heard of anyone else having this either... at least to their knowledge.
2. I'll have to look at restoring the default strip when uninstalling the program. (I don't usually uninstall the program and I would hope others wouldn't either .)
3. Recorded TV HD does not touch anything to do with any tuners. I have no idea how your tuner assignments could have been messed up.

Thank you for the feedback!

Re: Problems with RTVHD

Vtedwards
On my system, if a recorded program has a corrupted date or time it usually shows the date as "Unknown" or the time as "1 min".  I am guessing that may be related to a time and date stamp as given by the channel broadcaster.  In my case, specific channels cause the problem, notably the TNT HD channel over Verizon FiOS.

I agree the tuner issue may not be directly tied to the RTVHD.  However I am guessing the problem is tied to the RTVHD alteration of the Electronic Program Guide which is tied to the existence of any tuner.  If the guide display is suppressed for some reason, the tuners may no longer be tied to the guide.

Thanks for your quick response.

Re: Problems with RTVHD

Ok. I'll look into the first thing and see if I can get something working for those cases. The main reason why I do not display those is because if a recording is currently taking place on another HTPC the metadata is blank (as you experience with your corrupted recordings) so I just wait until it is no longer blank before I add it... in your case it never gets populated so it never gets added to the database.

I understand your logic about the guide, but I do not disable the guide or make any modifications to it. The only thing I do is simply "hide" the strip using a media center registry setting.

Re: Problems with RTVHD

What information is NOT corrupted?  If you browse to a WTV using Windows Explorer and right-click -> properties -> Details tab you can see most of the metadata.  Is there any metadata in there?

Re: Problems with RTVHD

Vtedwards
For the record, I still like the program, but I'll have to pass on it for a while until those issues can be resolved to my satisfaction.

Good luck in the new year!

Re: Problems with RTVHD

Glitchy
For the record, there is a known bug, the 1 minute recorded show, when using W7 and WHS.

And I can't recall, but there might be a fix. Check out www.thegreenbutton.tv

I've had it in the past, but no longer move recorded tv to the whs server.

For me I think the "1 minute" was OTA vs cable

Jeff