Parental controls

newt
I'd like to be able to block access to movies/programs based on rating and maybe time of recording for
programs.

It's something that I've never got to work with Mediacenter and now that I've converted everything to wtv
for ease of playing on extenders, none of the controls seem to have any effect (either for TV or DVD).

Re: Parental controls

Beaker1024
This post was updated on .
I'll second the request for some kind of parental controls to recorded shows.  I tested with the builtin parental controls in WCE7 and it works alright on "Live TV" but does nothing when playing back shows in RHDTV.  I didn't test the standard WCE7 playback of recorded shows because I have that hidden and only use RHDTV.

Some kind of easy to enter (with remote) PIN that can be set in the settings and have shows ID'd either automatically by rating (if possible) or go with them selected like we do for favorites lists but it'll be flagged as needing the PIN number.  (or combo of both)

Either way each method (automatic or manual) should be optional.