No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

dsteinschneider
I set RTVHD to watch the same folders that WMC is watching for Recorded TV. Those folders are on a dedicated "storage server" running Windows 7 Pro 64 with DrivePool.

WMC sees the folders - all our wtv files show up in WMC Recorded TV but RTVHD only shows the New Zealand video that comes with WMC.

I tried manually adding the folders, setting it back to watching the folders WMC is watching. Nothing worked.

Background:
I just retired my WHS2011, moved the drives that make up DrivePool to the new Windows 7 machine, redid the shares and security on the folders.

I also replaced the drive in the our WMC machine (Windows 7 Pro) that we use to watch the Recorded TV with an SSD (clean install).

Re: No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

Did you enter the credentials for the local machine? Recorded TV HD uses those credentials to access the network locations.

Re: No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

dsteinschneider
Ok - this is making sense that it can only do the local wtv file

I put the credentials for the UNC path folders on Win7 machine I'm using for storage as machine\user - perhaps that isn't the right way to do it?

Re: No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

dsteinschneider
Sorry - accidentally cross posted this problem in the bugs forum also

Re: No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

You need to enter the credentials for the local HTPC, not the storage server. The user on the local HTPC has access to view the storage server so Recorded TV HD is using that account to see them.

Re: No shows except New Zealand video that comes with WMC showing up

dsteinschneider
That was it - thanks so much for quickly straightening my out!