Next release?

vance
Hello,
I recently had to rebuild my HTPC and decided to wait for your next production release before reinstalling Recorded TV HD.

Do you think you are getting close to releasing a new version?

Thanks,
Vance

Re: Next release?

The latest release on the alpha track is very close to a general release.

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/alpha/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

But I have 2 issues that I'm concerned about:

1. There is still a bug that some users who are using other file formats are having where certain unidentified files are locking up the service so it won't add any new files. I have still not been able to reproduce this myself. I believe this bug is in the last general release as well.

2. It seems that on the new Ceton Echo that if you are watching something and start navigating the Recorded TV HD menus, the Ceton Echo will simply reboot itself after a few seconds of navigating.

Other than that I think it should be good to go.

Re: Next release?

vance
Cool. I will be patient and see if you can track down the lingering bugs.
I have heard the Echo is a little buggy at this point.
Thanks,
Vance

Re: Next release?

vance
I generally don't install alpha code at the risk of interfering with my Wife's TV viewing.
But, are you saying your alpha version is as stable as a general release?
I am only looking to playback WTV files created using WMC with an InfniTV card.
Thanks,
Vance

Re: Next release?

I guess it depends on what your definition of alpha is. I never put half implemented features into a public release. I also always test on my own setup where any code has changed and hopefully find any side effects of any code changes.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am almost constantly running alpha versions on my setup that my wife uses every day and I always make sure before the next day that things are working properly :) ... It is completely your decision.

Re: Next release?

vance
Ok. I am going to give it a try. Of course if it does not work I am going to tell my wife its your fault.
Do you have a link for the current alpha?
Thanks,
Vance

Re: Next release?

The link above will always be for the current alpha.