New to Recorded TV HD - Not showing Movies or TV shows

New to Recorded TV HD - Not showing Movies or TV shows

austins
I just installed it on a fresh WMC install. I have not "recorded" any TV shows using my Ceton tuner cards. However, I have previous downloaded shows on a network share \\fileserver\data\tv. I have manually set the directories to watch as

D:\ (local hard drive that will store recorded content from ceton)
\\fileserver\data\tv
\\fileserver\data\movies

Both the fileserver locations have content, however, nothing shows up in recorded tv hd. Any idea how to troubleshoot? Seems like it isn't scanning anything.

Re: New to Recorded TV HD - Not showing Movies or TV shows

austins
i figured it out. I didn't have the other file formats configured. So I added .mkv|.mp4 and problem was solved.

However, I'm still confused by one thing. I have a "Movie" library set to \\fileserver\data\movies in Media Center, but it doesn't seem to be detected by the "Watch same folders" feature of RecordedTV HD.

My end goal is to get \\fileserver\data\movies to show up under the "Movies" category that RecordedTV HD added to the menu strip. However, if I just add that to the watched folders it dumps it in the recordedtvhd interface which clogs it up and makes my wife angry.

Re: New to Recorded TV HD - Not showing Movies or TV shows

There is an option to hide movies from the standard interface. Just turn that on and you should be good to go.