New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

jkaufman99
Something happened a couple of days ago and now recordings (at least two) are not appearing in the recorded HD menu (General Hospital for the past few days & Rock of Ages) these both have been recorded and are showing in WMC recorded TV menu.

How can I force a refresh on the Recorded HD TV menu so that these recordings are reported?

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

Try rebooting or restarting the Recorded TV HD Service.

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

reluctantflux
I also am having this issue regularly.  It seems to get stuck due to a recording.  I'll notice nothing new has popped up and I'll have to go to "Find a missing file" and then a message will pop up saying something about being stuck on a recording I did earlier.  (Sorry, I don't know the exact error).  It asks if I would like to stop it. I say yes, and then exit back to the main screen and the items start popping up.

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

TheMayor
It seems that you have to restart the service once a day.  I have an issue with unknown shows & when I restart it, it clears it out within a few minutes

reluctantflux wrote
I also am having this issue regularly.  It seems to get stuck due to a recording.  I'll notice nothing new has popped up and I'll have to go to "Find a missing file" and then a message will pop up saying something about being stuck on a recording I did earlier.  (Sorry, I don't know the exact error).  It asks if I would like to stop it. I say yes, and then exit back to the main screen and the items start popping up.

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

reluctantflux
So is there no fix for this?  This issue seemed to come about in the 1.9 releases.  I'm fine fully reinstalling and letting it crawl my media if it'll fix this issue, but I don't want to do that if it's just going to happen again.

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

I do not know why this randomly happens and there will be no fix for it in the foreseeable future. I believe it has been around for much longer than the 1.9 releases. I've looked through all of the service code multiple times and do not know why this is happening.

As a side note, I really appreciate those who have purchased licenses!!! But I'm just one guy who does this project on the side as a hobby. Thanks for taking that into consideration!

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

IT Troll
Administrator
Many thanks for the time you spend on this project and please do keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the release of the next update with fingers crossed for some new features.

It will be of no comfort to the others in this thread but my install of RTVHD is remarkably stable; I never have to restart the service and it always picks up my recordings and other video files. The only times I have had the plugin crash is when switching between TV and movies whilst searching for artwork. But this just requires a relaunch of the plugin, the service is not affected.

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

reluctantflux
Are there any registry or files left over after an uninstall on a Windows 7 x64 machine? I want to do a fresh install to see if that fixes my issue.

No worries on support.  I think you've done an amazing job and provided a great alternative to media browser, which I found to be very buggy, had a very low WAF, and had a bunch of stuff I was never going to use. (That being said, media browser 3 is coming along fantastically, but still not a full replacement for WMC yet).

Re: New recordings no longer showing in Recroded TV HD menu - but are being recorded

To do a full wipe and reinstall (your product will still be activated though) just uninstall and then delete this folder:
C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD

(if it isn't there look for C:\ProgramData\RecordedTVHD)

And then install again.

Thanks!