New install problems

brianh
looks like a great program I have installed from the link on the main page. Looks like a great program. I have a few issues that  I would like help with.

1. none of my previously recorded shows are showing up. ALL of them are showing in the unidentified area in the setup. I could go through and manually identify them I suppose, but there must be a way to do it automatically from the metadata already in the files.

2. I do not store my recorded files locally they all are sent directly to my WHS2011 server. In the record settings there is not a way keep that configuration intact.

I do like the ability to separate the recordings by favorites my daughter uses a xbox360 to watch in her room and this is what I have been looking for to not see all of her recordings.

My OS is WMC7 64bit

brianThanks

Re: New install problems

I'm out right now, but it sounds like you need to set the credentials correctly and then you'll be all set. Look in the FAQ section for the tight thread about credentials or password or something.

Re: New install problems

brianh
I have double checked all my passwords I even went into the service and
make sure the password was correct I also followed one of the other folks
tips were they added the network directory and entered the correct username
and password for the network drive . It still does not show up in the list
of possible selections.

Had an issue where the paths were changed for my temp recording file as
well.

Unidentified files are showing but "hanging up"in the app in media center... Not
sure I'd I will keep this if these things are not fixable... Did a test
recording and it shows up in the menu... Now its gone.. Pretty buggy..
Can't get the movies recorded to show up when I manually try to add... No
TV shows I manually add are showing up..

*shrug*

I'm out right now, but it sounds like you need to set the credentials
correctly and then you'll be all set. Look in the FAQ section for the tight
thread about credentials or password or something.

.
NAML<http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: New install problems

Just to clarify. The username and password entered for the service should be the local pc's account that Media Center is running on. If the service isn't running under a local pc account that has access to the network share even manually identifying won't work because manually identifying still relies on the service.

Re: New install problems

brianh
Yes I am using the same credentials as the local account
On Nov 2, 2013 2:33 PM, "MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <
ml-node+s1045789n5708579h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify. The username and password entered for the service should
> be the local pc's account that Media Center is running on. If the service
> isn't running under a local pc account that has access to the network share
> even manually identifying won't work because manually identifying still
> relies on the service.
>
> ------------------------------
>  If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/New-install-problems-tp5708576p5708579.html
> .
> NAML<http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: New install problems

Try to set your watched directories manually and add one location at a time and wait for the files to be identified before adding another one. See if there is one that is giving you trouble.

Re: New install problems

brianh

I only have one directory for my recordings on the server... I did another test and it saw the file until it moved to the sever then it disappeared. I checked everything again and the credentials are correct.

On Nov 2, 2013 3:42 PM, "MJT Software [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Try to set your watched directories manually and add one location at a time and wait for the files to be identified before adding another one. See if there is one that is giving you trouble.

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/New-install-problems-tp5708576p5708581.html
To unsubscribe from New install problems, click here.
NAML

Re: New install problems

brianh
I have tried everything I can think of... Made everything match exactly on the server and the PC... Still nothing!! I manually added an episode of ancient aliens.. Found the episode in the search data added it.. It said it would take a few minutes for it to appear... Half hour... Nothing..

Help

Re: New install problems

I should be available in 3 hours or so. Would you be available for me to remotely log in to your machine?

Re: New install problems

Have you seen this thread?

Re: New install problems

brianh

I am watching programming tonight but I will try a few things in the morning and let you know. I don't expect you to remote in on sunday ... FYI I have tried manually adding the server and putting in the admin password for the server still did not work. The beta discussed in that thread is older than the current version... Is there another beta?... Windows log is not showing a monitoring error..

I should be available in 3 hours or so. Would you be available for me to remotely log in to your machine?

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/New-install-problems-tp5708576p5708584.html
To unsubscribe from New install problems, click here.
NAML

Re: New install problems

One thing you can try.
If you are watching something like this: "\\server\Recorded TV"
You can create a folder under Recorded TV called "test" and then instead of watching "\\server\Recorded TV" you can set it to watch "\\server\Recorded TV\test" and then move a few recordings in there and see if the service finds those properly.

Re: New install problems

brianh

Been busy today... I was going to try that.. I will let you know...

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/New-install-problems-tp5708576p5708593.html
To unsubscribe from New install problems, click here.
NAML

NAML