New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

sccrgoalie1
Hello,

With the last few betas eventually recorded tv hd quits updating.  Not sure what is going on.  All of our shows are in the native library, but aren't showing up in the addin.  The watched folders are correct... I'll send the database and log to support@recordedtvhd.com

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

I received your database file, but I don't see any problems there.  Do you know if it will add the episodes correctly if you restart the Recorded TV HD Service or reboot the computer?  Or does it just stop adding them no matter what you do?

It doesn't look like you are monitoring or adding any other file formats, is that correct?  Just trying to narrow down the problem.  I've had my main HTPC on for months and haven't found this issue, but I keep updating to my newest builds so my service restarts every time I update.  Do you have any idea how long it goes before it stops updating?

Thanks for your help diagnosing the problem.

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

sccrgoalie1
The episodes appeared after I restarted the service, so that's good to know.  The settings tool was unable to stop the services, I had to manually kill the process to get it stopped.

I only monitor wtv files with the addin.  I haven't had any problems for months, except with the latest betas.  Thanks for looking into it.

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

Do you have your HTPC go into sleep mode when not in use?  My service is supposed to handle power events properly, but that might explain why I haven't heard of the issue with the other beta testers.

If you do use sleep mode do you think you could temporarily turn off sleep mode and leave the HTPC on all the time?  See if it does the same thing.  If you do not see any problems for a long enough period of time try turning on sleep mode again and see if the issue reoccurs.

Thanks!
Mark

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

sccrgoalie1
Unfortunately, my computer doesn't sleep.  I'll see if I can figure out some more information when the problem appears again.

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

Not sure if you get e-mail notifications of replies, but hopefully you see this :)

I might have found something, but I'm not all that sure yet. Can you test this for me and let me know if it fixes it or if it causes other problems?  I've tested a little bit on my laptop and my main HTPC and haven't found any issues, but I did make some fairly significant changes in the way the service connects to the database.  I've also got a couple of other people experiencing similar problems who are trying out this beta.

Download the latest beta

Re: New Episodes Eventually Stop Showing Up and Deleted Ones Don't Disappear

sccrgoalie1
I'll give it a try and see how it goes.  Thanks!