NAS not working with 360 extender?

pezboy
This post was updated on .
I recently switched most of my recordings over to a NAS. When selecting a video (that is located on the NAS) on a 360 extender I get a 'the file selected either no longer exists or its location is not currently available' error. The same file plays without error on my main PC, this only happens on my extenders. I'm pretty sure all my UNC monitoring, credentials, etc. are setup correctly. Did I miss a setting when enabling my NAS in RTVHD?

I tried removing and re-adding to favorites, removing and re-adding the NAS drive in RTV settings, and even rebuilt the database. No luck. Any suggestions?

Re: NAS not working with 360 extender?

pezboy
Figured it out. Permission issue with 360 extender accessing NAS. Can be solved by either: 1) Open permission on NAS folders (I don't prefer this method) or 2)Script that allows extenders to login-as, found here: http://tobias-tobin.blogspot.com/2008/08/giving-media-center-extender-access-to.html (preferred method for my setup. I ran the .exe, setup and executed the script, and extenders connected no problem)