Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

fenix787
So far I really like Recorded TV HD, but I am kinda OCD when it comes to the media center menu. The fact that it just adds another menu line and has both movies and TV really bothers me. I tried moving the buttons to the corresponding lines (ex, TV, Movies) but after I move them they become useless. I can click them but nothing happens. Any way you can make it so I can move the buttons in MC Studio?

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

Sorry, but no. I've noticed the same problems with other 3rd party addins. Basically, what I found (if I remember right... but I could be wrong ) is that you can put native Media Center items into a 3rd party strip but you can't put 3rd party items into another strip.

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

pezboy
I've been able to move the 'entry point' for RTH using MC Studio to another line (TV line) in MC7, but I haven't tried the other buttons from the RTH line. To each his own Fenix, but I use RTH to organize all my TV and movies now, so it eliminates the need for any of the other lines (not to mention that RTH can also be accessed from the default 'recorded tv' button on the remote, eliminating excess button pressing and menu scrolling), another reason I love RTH so much. Keep up the great work MJT!

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

tobycth3
Can you tell me how you moved the entry point in MC Studio? I've tried moving it near the "TV" location with the up and down arrows but the change does not reflect when I launch MC.

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

pezboy
If you look in the bottom left of MC Studio you should see a drop-down list for the entry points. RTH should be in this list, just drag and drop the RTH entry point to the line you would like it on and then save the WMC Start Menu in MC Studio. You also need to make sure your 'StartResources.dll' file in your 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\Packages\MCEClientUX\dSM' folder is nulled out. To do this, rename your existing 'StartResources.dll' to 'StartResources.old' and then create a blank .txt file and save it as 'StartResources.dll'. I would also recommend keeping a backup of both of these files, as they are sometimes overwritten by WMC updates.

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

Scyto
use MCE reset toolbox to do it instead, I have mine perfect!

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

Scyto

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

Scyto
The TV library and Movies library icons are MyMovies icons.

Re: Moving the Menu Buttons with MC Studio

pezboy
I too love the ease of MCE Reset Toolbox, but unfortunately it has a compatibility issue with Ceton InvinTV Tuners, so I had to revert back to MC Studio.