(FYI I attached an image and it ate this so my long post with all of the gushing about how great a job you've done is going to be shorter this time)
First, excellent job! It's coming along nicely and well worth the $20. Once the last of these beta kinks are worked out it's going to be worth 5 times that. It's easily better and easier than my movies or mediabrowser.
But there are a few bugs and odities. Here's what I've noticed tonight:
1. WTV files don't fall back to lookup on the file name if there is no meta data in the file. It should fall back, look it up, and if it finds it also add it to the WTV file's meta data.
2. As noted elsewhere .avis seem inconsistant. Won't look them up automatically at all. Forcing them works fine however.
3. There are several Kidsongs (i.e. "Kidsongs A Day At Old Macdonalds Farm.mp4") that do not look up. Mediacenter master finds these. It would be nice if RTVHD would find them too. If not it would be nice to fall back to the existing data for lookup. (doesn't have to use it all of the time, but should look in the default dvd.xml files etc. to see if it can figure it out and use that to look up based on the IDs)
4. Here's another one that I can't figure out why it doesn't match and it won't match with a manual entry either: "Babylon 5 A Call To Arms.mkv", "Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace.mkv" (and all of the star wars ones entered that way), "Hackers.avi".
5. Looks like if you try and manually force wtv files it says that it's going to do it, and then doesn't. (probably related to #1)
6. If in the search for meta data manually you check off movies, go away and do another one and it's checked by default you get a xml root not found error.
7. Several movies (i.e. "Mission Impossible.mkv" and "Mission Impossible 2.mkv" will not let me force the information. I get a file not found or in use message. I cleared out everything else in the directory and made sure that it was permission set for everyone full control and nothing else was running but it still won't save it. Did the same with "terminator 2.mkv". Figured it should have matched these automatically anyhow, but the only way I could get terminator to work was put in the full name. The other two I still can't get to match and I can't force it.
8. In the force search if you use a real keyboard and hit space, you get the mini keyboard for using a remote. It shouldn't do that. If you hit enter, you get the mini keyboard instead of it doing a search.
9. I think the force search screen should 1. Default to the name of the file less the extension so that you don't have to type it in, and 2. have a big bar at the top and a search button with a checkbox immediately underneath it and then the results show below that just like google basically.
10. Several shows found data (The Matrix Reloaded, Back to the Future) but didn't have background art. I fixed it with the excellent tools, however I'm not sure why it wouldn't have put it in when it clearly found the show.
11. The installer on uninstall tells you that it is going to have to restart. Whether or not the service is running. If you stop the service no restart is necessary. It should stop the service so that no restart is required before it uninstalls. That way we don't kill recordings on a restart to get the latest beta.
12. When you register it would be nice to be able to do a copy/paste from the email instead of having to type in every section by hand.
13. It isn't doing a trim on what it matches as the name of movies or shows. As a result it doesn't match if there are spaces beginning or end. Mediacenter master does renaming which normally works, however sometimes it doesn't put in the year, and when it doesn't, it leaves a space. All of those won't match so you have to go through and do it manually. It would be nice if it figured it out and stripped the spaces. (trim())
Those are the bugs so far. I got some sort of media center plugin error earlier in the day but I can't repro. (Might want to look into adding auto-error reporting with .net that catches all errors and sends them to you with stack trace... just an idea)
Here's my wish list:
1. Add a setting per folder that lets us specify what is in each folder. By doing so the lookup can be much more accurate.
2. Create a separate ribbon for movies that has the movie stuff. Get rid of the movies stuff in the TV section, and rename the home one to TV. Hide the default movies entry.
3. Have that separate movies section be able to have a different theme.
4. Allow items that cannot be matched at all to have minimal information manually entered so that they can show up in the listings even though there is no real meta data. (and hey if you can submit that to the services so that it benefits others too that would be kewl)
Very long term for the beta after next stable:
3. Would love it to in addition injecting WTV meta data when it isn't there and you do a lookup, to do the same for MP4 and M4V files since it supports it. (and it would be nice of RTVHD would look to see if that data existed for doing matches)
(none of these are at all a big deal)
Fanastic product! I love it!
One more odity:
"Gone in 60 Seconds.mkv" doesn't match properly. It shows up in my listing but it doesn't have any data etc.
When I try and find it properly, it only brings up the old version from the sixties with "Gone in 60 Seconds". Don't know why the other one won't show up.
Which brings me to another idea:
The search should let you put in the IMDB or TVDB ID and match against it directly instead of having to use the title. That way I could reliably force all of them.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|