Move Single Recording with Remote

duncane
Hi, not sure if possible but here goes.

After watching a recorded film I sometimes want to keep it elsewhere on the same PC, so

1. Whilst in Recorded TV HD, select the recording
2. Another option of 'Move' required next to the current Play, Delete, Favorite
3. When move is selected a location is chosen from a predefined list (F:\Films, G:\Drama etc)
4. Recording is moved (or copied then deleted)

I obviously do this manually just now and it's no big deal really, just curious if this is technically possible.

Cheers
Ewan

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

I've got a 'recycle bin' feature on the feature request list.  Do you think that would do what you want?  I don't have all of the logistics worked out as I haven't started on it yet, but it would basically move the recording to another location outside of the standard watched directories.

Your idea is a good one though and it is different than a recycle bin because a recycle bin would move everything into a single folder and not allow you to choose where you wanted to move it to, as you suggested.

Everyone.... Please chime in if you think this feature would be beneficial to you!

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

Glitchy
+1

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

newfiend
+1
qqx

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

qqx
+1

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

Looks like I have several people who would like this feature.  I'll add it to my list.

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

duncane
Cool. I was just thinking I should have went further with this request, don't know why I didn't realise...

Let's say one of the predefined folders was F:\Movies, after the Recording was moved could it then move itself to a new folder within F:\Movies?

The Name of the new folder would not matter (well not to me) as I have MetaBrowser monitoring the root folder and it would take care of the renaming etc etc.

So I move CH4_The_Grudge_140120121030.wtv to F:\Movies
It ends up in F:\Movies\New Movie\ or F:\Movies\The Grudge\ if you can get the name from metadata?
MetaBrowser (or other metadata program) renames folder and file
It appears in Media Browser without me touching the keyboard/mouse at all!

Sorry, should have mentioned this at the start!

Thanks
Ewan

Re: Move Single Recording with Remote

Good idea.