Missing episodes after series combine

IT Troll
Administrator
For my first time setup I had quite a bit of remedial work to do on my series and episode identifications. This is not unsurprising as some of the guide data we get fed in the UK is terrible (no fault of RTVHD).

Most of this was straightforward but two of my series had been incorrectly split. First up was The Musketeers for which two episodes had a different MCID. I combined these with the Setting utility and now all is good with that one.

Next up was Borgen which was in quite a mess. I currently have 4 episodes of Series 2 and 10 episodes of Series 3. First up I fixed the episode numbers as these were missing or wrong (Series 0). Series 2 is titled "Borgen" whilst for some reason the guide data names series 3 as "Borgen III"; with the exception of 2 episodes which slip back into "Borgen". So once again I used the utility to combine the two, but this time something very odd happened.

In the GUI I now have a single Borgen series which has a badge on it for 14 episodes as expected. However when I go into it it only lists the 4 episodes from Series 2. There is no sign of the 10 Series 3 episodes anywhere.

If I go back into the utility, Series Override just lists "Borgen". In Episodes Override i can see all my episodes but the series 3 ones still have "Borgen III" as their SeriesName.

Are the two overrides conflicting in some way?

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

1st thing to try.... Try moving the missing episodes out of the watched folders until they disappear from the external settings program, and then move them back in.

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

IT Troll
Administrator
OK I moved them out, confirmed they were gone and then moved them back. The badge counted back up to 14 but once again only the 4 for Series 2 are listed.

So then I issued the clear this Series from the database command. What then happened was my badge changed to 10 and I could see all the episodes from Series 3. But then it obviously re-detected the other four, the badge went back to 14 and once again only the 4 from series 2 are listed.

It appears that although they are merged it will only show one series at a time.

I really hope this can be fixed without resorting to deleting my database as I don't want to have to go through my whole collection again.

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

IT Troll
OK, I found the GlobalSettings.ini which holds the Series Overrides.
[MCID-Overrides]
The Musketeers=!GenericSeries!The Musketeers
!GenericSeries!Borgen III=!GenericSeries!Borgen
So I deleted the Borgen line and juggled the files once again. Now I am back where I started. Two separate series:

Borgen with 6 episodes, 2 from Series 0, 2 from Series 2 and 2 from Series 3 (although these don't show in the list). These 2 misplaced ones do have the correct series and episode numbers.

Borgen III with 8 episodes from Series 3. None of these episodes have series or episode numbers.

Probably easier to explain with pictures. As I said, fixing up the numbering sorts out Series 2, but not Series 3.

Here is the data:
Borked Borgen

How it looks in poster view:
Poster View

Episode listing for Borgen (6):
Borgen Series View (6)

Do you think editing the metadata on the Series 3 episodes would help? Perhaps change the title from "Borgen III" to "Borgen"?

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

There should have been a section in the ini file for "SeriesName-Overrides" as well. Did you see that? If you'd rather, I should be able to manually manipulate your database file if you send it to me. It should be here: "C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db"

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

IT Troll
Administrator
No I don't have a SeriesName-Overrides section. I do have one for movies though.

I will email you the database for you to take a look at. As I said we do get a lot of bad guide data and so I would like to see a fix that I can use for other such issues rather than have to rely upon your manual intervention (kind as it is).

Re: Missing episodes after series combine

IT Troll
Administrator
Many thanks for the fixed database and ini settings. All is perfect now.

Is this something that I should have been able to fix through the interface or did it need manual intervention? I noticed that you changed the series name for the Borgen III entries but I don't think that is something that you can normally edit is it?

I just demoed RTVHD to the other half and I think it passed the ultimate test, the WAF.