Missing Episode Information

PhilKat
The main reason I decided to take a look at RTVHD is its ability to categorize recordings. That part is working to perfection. (Blessed relief)

However, my wife and I are conflicted about it, because in order to have that ability (known in RTVHD lingo as Favorites) we apparently have to give up much of the information we have grown to rely on in Media Center. Such as, cast and crew, other showings, reviews, etc.. All we seem to have available is Title, a VERY brief summary, and the Favorites list. Is there some setting we are missing that will restore the information we are used to?

We have it set for the Media Center compatible theme with one row of show covers.  In version 1.9.

Re: Missing Episode Information

I use cast and crew, other showings, reviews, every once in a while as well. Here is how you can get to it while using Recorded TV HD.

1. Play the video that you wish to see the information on (and pause it if you want).
2. Press the info key (or usually left and right arrows if you don't have DVRMSToolbox take those keys over)
3. Press the OK button.

You now have access to all that info.

I'm not planning on adding any of that into Recorded TV HD... at least not anytime soon, and there isn't really a way to have Media Center pull it up from a 3rd party addin.... Unless I script it to do those keystrokes.

Re: Missing Episode Information

PhilKat
Play, Pause, Info, Ok.  That works!  I forgot to mention, I use a Harmony.

I am wondering if there is a function in the "device" dataset I am using ("MicrosoftWindows Media Center SE") that will jump directly to the info. Otherwise, I feel a macro coming on.

Now if I just had an RTVHD scheme with text that is fully legible in WMC without rearranging all our furniture, I would definitely consider RTVHD a keeper.  I don't understand why you thought shrinking the type was an improvement.  (See separate thread)

Re: Missing Episode Information

PhilKat
I mentioned I use a Harmony. It allows defining named sequences of up to 5 primitive commands. I created one with your sequence (Play, Pause, Info, OK), which is accessed using the scrolling display on the Harmony. (I put the sequence on the first page for quick access) Although the sequence works , there are some complications.

Typically, we record about 3-6 times as much stuff as we have time to watch.

In a session, we like to flip through several things and read the info about each before deciding on one to actually watch. Here is where the complication comes in. The sequence is saved as a named sequence on the Harmony, which is assigned to a slot in the display-activated commands on the Harmony screen.

After using the sequence the first time, then exiting back to a list of shows, and selecting another, the pause in the sequence seems to be ignored. While we are perusing the info on the new show, a show starts playing behind the info we are reading. If I am not mistaken, the show being played is actually the first one paused by the first use of the command, not the one whose info we are reading!

Any clever ideas how to prevent this, or reset the sequence somehow to prepare to view info for another show? It seems like once you start playing, the only way out involves a "stop" command somewhere.