Merge Recorded TV with Ripped/Downloaded TV

Merge Recorded TV with Ripped/Downloaded TV

AgileHumor
I rip DVD of TV program seasons to replace the commercial laded recorded version.  However, when I record a program that is has previous episodes ripped/downloaded...I get too series created while browsing Recorded TV HD.  This is different than I expected, which would be to have them merged in to one series.

Secondly, it would be nice to identify a recorded series vs ripped/downloaded series(determined by commercials really) if this feature was ever implemented.

Re: Merge Recorded TV with Ripped/Downloaded TV

You can merge them in the Recorded TV HD Settings program outside of Media Center. Just go to the serries override list, select one of the duplicates and select edit. You will then see an option to merge in the bottom left-hand corner.

It is supposed to match them up on their own so you don't see more than one, but it isn't perfect, which is why the option is available

Re: Merge Recorded TV with Ripped/Downloaded TV

AgileHumor
Thanks, I assumed (again incorrectly) that it didn't merge on purpose.  I understand now that I can manually merge the series if it doesn't automerge.

Cheers!