Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

clarkes71
Not sure what causes it, but on occasion....

I moved the Live TV and Guide Tiles to the Recorded TV menu strip.  Sometimes, when I click on either of these two tiles, I get taken to another location in WMC.

For example, if I click on the Guide tile, it won't take me to the guide, it goes to recorded tv or someplace else within WMC.

If I close WMC and go back in, all is well.  Usually, I will just click the guide button on my remote, but just wondering if anyone else has this issue?

Re: Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

This "feature" (having only a single instance of a Media Center app) has been fixed in the latest beta:

"If a user uses the green button and then tries to launch one of the Recorded TV HD buttons it will now work properly instead of just returning the user to the last location."

Latest beta info and download

I'm assuming that is what you are talking about anyway.

Re: Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

TheNiteOwl
No, I don't believe that's what he means.  I am using the latest beta version and my wife has experienced this as well.  I didn't believe her at first :)  until I experienced it last night.  I have moved my menu strip all into one strip.  Last night when I would go to click Guide, or Live TV, the menu would automatically move over to recorded tv hd and launch it.  Other strips work fine, it was only the Live TV strip.  I am using the latest beta version.  The only way I could fix it was by rebooting the HTPC.  Quite annoying...

Re: Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

clarkes71
TheNiteOwl
You are correct.  I have not tried it lately, as I just trained my brain to press the guide button, but you are right on in following what I was saying.

Re: Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

The next official release "might" have a fix for this. I hope it will be released within the next 2 or 3 days.

Re: Menu Strip Occasionally Doesn't Work

John Galt
FYI, I'm getting hangs too... or was, and Recorded TV HD Beta was crashing while watching Comskip enabled video. I disabled the highlighting of the commercials and the problems went away. (after a restart, without the restart it was crashing and hanging every 2 minutes after the change in the UI)

I'm using the latest version of the DVRMS Toolbox commerical skip plugin tool.