Media Portal Intergration

Percy
Firstly I want to thank you, I have been running Recorded TV HD for 7 years but unfortunately its time to say goodbye to windows 7, which means goodbye WMC and goodbye Recorded TV HD.

So my new venture is Media Portal 2 and I will will say its a good replacement but its TV Recording/Series handling is lacking to somebody who has been spoilt by Recorded TV HD for so long.

So not sure how easy or hard or if you would be willing to hand over source code but I genuinely believe this would be the perfect legacy.

Re: Media Portal Intergration

Hey there. Thanks for the kind words. I've recently switched to Plex and am actually very happy with it....

I'm sorry, but I won't be working on this project any longer and the source code will not be released.

Thank you to everyone who was in the Recorded TV HD community! It was great! Best to you and to everyone!

Re: Media Portal Intergration

JMBurton2001
This post was updated on .
MJT Software wrote
I'm sorry, but I won't be working on this project any longer and the source code will not be released.
Hi Mark!

I've been having some issues for the past week and upon further investigation found out that the TVDB API was updated to version 3 on July 29th. That seems to go along with the issues I've experienced.

I'm wondering if the two TVDB dll's in the program directory (TMDbLib.dll and TvDbSharper.dll) plus the Newtonsoft.Json.dll would be enough for someone to modify and replace in order to use the v3 API?

If so, would you consider making these files open source so someone could try to update them?

EDIT: I guess the TVDB API update was unsuccessful so they've rolled it back to v2 for now.

It also appears that when they eventually roll out the v3 update, it will be backward compatible with v2 (and maybe v1) applications. My request above was premature!

Just out of curiousity... Since you aren't going to work on this any more, why are you hesitant to release the source code?

Re: Media Portal Intergration

IT Troll
TheTVDB have now gone head with the release of their v3 API, it does have some backwards compatibility, but RecordedTVDB is not working. More on this here:
http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/TheTVDB-API-v3-released-v1-amp-v2-currently-broken-td5709610.html