Mc-tv file name decode support

John Galt
It would be very nice if it handled the mctv output or there was an output format that would work with recorded tv.

It doesnt and cant include the season or episode number because it doesnt exist in the original wtv file. But it does have the title, episode name and date originally aired.

Also it encodes the same meta data into the mp4 as well which would be nice to use exactly like wtvs get read right now.

Re: Mc-tv file name decode support

You are going to have to provide me with more information. I do not understand what you are asking for.

Re: Mc-tv file name decode support

John Galt
Check out this tool: http://mctvconverter.vivolum.net/

Basically it converts wtv to mp4 or mkv taking the mpeg2 and transcoding to mpeg4 with other options making it easy for portable devices etc. to play the files.

It doesn't do <Series Name> SXXEXX format. It can't from the meta data that is in the wtv. (it does put the same meta data that is in the WTV file into the mp4 file though.)

It would be nice if recorded tv could read meta data in mp4s if available and if not be able to read the default file name from mctvconverter on top of the other formats it already handles.

Basically the format is series name - Episode name

Which should be enough to get a hit from the various meta data services out there.