Manually Add A New Series or Movie

magpowerzip
I would like to see a way to add a series or movie manually. I suggest something like this:

Go into "Series Override" or "Episode Override" and have a button labeled "Manual Add" and
then enter a name, description, etc.

I am thinking about two scenarios where I would find this type of feature useful:

Scenario 1:

I have a bunch of bonus materials from various TV series that I have on the
hard drive and are labeled something like:

Babylon 5 1x23 - Season 1 Extras (The Making Of Babylon 5).m2ts

It would be nice for this to show up with the actual series and to be able to manually type in
a name and description.

Scenario 2:

I have a collection of workout video files that I would like to add to Recorded TV HD, but
will be needed to be added manually.

If there is a way to do this already, I haven't found a way. If there is, please tell me how.
Any questions or comments, please share.

Thanks. Later.
magpowerzip

Re: Manually Add A New Series or Movie

There currently is no way to do what you are asking, but I agree that it would be a good feature to add.

Re: Manually Add A New Series or Movie

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
I have this same need.  My bonus materials show up on the Unidentified Files list.  Instead of doing a Series Override or Episode Override, perhaps there can be an override option on the Unidentified Files screen to add bonus materials to an existing series or as its own series?

MoRBiD

Re: Manually Add A New Series or Movie

tradetek
Have you tried first adding the show/movie to thetvdb.org or themoviedb.org and then using the series/episode override to the select the show/movie you added to the target database?

Re: Manually Add A New Series or Movie

FYI... I'm working on a way to manually add things that do not exist. I'll let you know when I have something for you to try.

Re: Manually Add A New Series or Movie

sccrgoalie1
Any progress on this.  I'm very interested in this as well.