Leveraging a RamDisk?

russelms
My instance of RecordedHD has always seemed sluggish compared to the normal recorded TV menus in Windows Media Center.

Can I leverage a Ramdisk to speed things up? I've done this with my mediabrowser cache succesfully.

Re: Leveraging a RamDisk?

I've never done it, but you should be able to do some sort of directory junction. Since I've not tried it you should probably just do a few Google searches to figure out the best way, but you should be able to....

Stop the Recorded TV HD Service
Move this directory C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD to your RamDisk.
Create the correct type of junction/link so that C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD points to the new location.
Start the service back up.

I don't know why it wouldn't work, but who knows.

Re: Leveraging a RamDisk?

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
russelms, let us know how this works out for you.  If successful, let us know specifically what you did.  Thanks.

MoRBiD

Re: Leveraging a RamDisk?

russelms
I did pretty much did what was recommended. I copied the RecordedHDTV directory to my Ramdisk in my case R:\ and then deleted the copy on my C:\ drive then called mklink /j RecordedHDTV R:\RecordedHDTV from a cmd window in the original directory.Nothing broke by doing this and I think it appears a little quicker. I am still not content with the loading times of the options (recorded on date, type, .etc) but haven't had time to look into this further.Also when I have live TV playing in the background things are still sluggish navigating menu's.