Installing New Versions Can't Stop Service

Installing New Versions Can't Stop Service

MoRBiD MaNGLeR
Before installing a new beta version, I have RTVHD and WMC closed but often the RecordedTVHD service is still running (unbeknownst to me).

If I attempt the beta install, it errors out because it can't stop the service.  I can't stop it manually via Services either.  To stop the service, I have to kill the RecordedTVHDService.exe process.  Then, I can proceed with the install fine.  This has happened during the installs for Beta 1.7.8, Beta 1.7.9 and Beta 1.7.10.

Do I need to uninstall the previous beta before installing a new beta... or should I be able to install each beta without uninstalling?  And any idea why the RecordedTVHD service is having troubles stopping?

MoRBiD

Re: Installing New Versions Can't Stop Service

You should be able to install right over top without uninstalling first. I'm not sure why it can't stop the service. I will look into what I can.