Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

glugglug
I was going to leave this uninstalled again due to instability, when another user suggested I try disabling the option to show the commercials on the skip bar.  That made it 100% better so far.

I thought maybe a conflict between the display from RTVHD and the display from DTBAddin on the Skipbar setting, so I tried disabling it on DTBAddin.  This made it not crash as fast, but still RTVHD stopped responding to the remote while watching shows currently being recorded and scanned -- I think the XML file updating while the show is playing back may also be an issue.  So the stable option so far for me has been to not use the RTVHD commercial display, and leave DTBAddin on the skipbar setting.  The RTVHD display is a lot nicer if it would work reliably.

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

TheMayor
I will second this same issue.  When using DTBAddin (along with Comskip), the remote would stop responding (with the exception of the power button) & the time & timeline bar would be stuck on the screen, while the video keeps playing.

Turning off the commercial skip indicator seems to fix this issue.  Not sure if this is something that can be fixed, as I do like seeing where it's going to skip.

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

Not really sure why it isn't stable. One thing I should be able to do (suggested by someone else) would be to have an option to only show the commercial break viewer when pressing an assigned button instead of automatically like it is now.

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

I added some options for the commercial break viewer to the latest beta. You might want to check them out.

Latest beta info and download

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

MLaF
I'm really looking forward to trying them out. Thank you for continuing to improve it.

I noticed the other day only pause and skip get it to come up, and not play. Not sure why it doesn't handle that key click. I also noticed that the left and right skipping works much better--either my custom (I made programming changes to the project) DTBAddin is handling it, which is what it seems, or you've adjusted it on your end.

For instance, back always goes to the last commercial event (end or start), and pressing back again within 3 seconds goes back to the previous commercial event (end or start). Forward always jumps to the next commercial event unless it is as the end of the show and there are no more left.

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

1. Due to some weird programming things, I can't monitor for the Play button in a Media Center Background addin (what goes on while a show is playing) so I added other options.
2. I did make some changes a little while back to how and where it skips while the commercial break viewer is visible.

Re: Instability seems to come from the commercial skip indicator

Otter351
I've experienced this as well, it happens once a week or so.  I couldn't find a commonality, but I've never checked to see if that particular show was being scanned at the time.  I'll see if that's it the next time it happens.