Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Bluebird
First of all, my system is a UK one and I’m sure this problem down to the usual UK month format being dd/mm and the usual US format being mm/dd.  I’m also fairly sure that US systems would be unaffected by this.

Occasionally, the RecordedTime field seems to be incorrectly read on downloaded episodes whereas the BroadcastDate seems to be correct.

When it happens the month and day are 'swapped' in the RecordedTime field.  As an example, a downloaded show that aired on 6th May is showing up as still recording (the red circle) on the main screen in Media Center because the RecordingTime field interpreted the date as 5th June.  I can see the incorrect date and correct this in the settings application, by the way.

This only happens when the month and day of the episode’s date can be reversed and still represent a valid date (i.e. the first 12 days of the month).  The next episode in the above example (on 13th May) was read correctly  - I think this is because the only date that 13/05 (or 05/13) can represent is 13th May.

I’ve had similar issues with parsing UK/US dates myself in SQL Server.  Could it be because you are parsing the date for the two fields above differently or does this come from different sources in the file?

Thanks for this great product and any light you can shed on this.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what I can do on this. I haven't looked yet, but I'm afraid if I make the changes described you will have to go in and modify your files once again.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Bluebird
I'd have no problem if you did make the change if this was the implication/risk.  Most of what I have is recorded over-the-air which all seem fine and there are only a few series that I have downloaded.  If I had to make a one-time change manually again it's no big deal to me - especially if it meant that the issue was fixed.  I'm also planning on changing the location of my media and I know that whenever I've done this I lose any manual 'corrections' I've made anyway.

Thanks again.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Bluebird
Any developments on this, Mark?  I was thinking (hoping?) it may simple be a case of the RecordedTime field be handled the same (and parsed the same) as the BroadcastDate field?

Thanks.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Sorry. No. I just started giving it some thought and I'm not really sure where I need to fix it. I don't know if it is correct or incorrect in the database. If it only happens for your tv shows of other file formats and not recordings then it sounds like it is happening because I'm pulling the recording date from TheTVDB.com which is giving me a US formatted date string.

You are saying that the original broadcast date is always correct though? That seems to be the strange part.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

I've changed some things based on my assumptions. Can you please try this out?

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup-1.7.5.msi

You will need to move the files you are having trouble with out of the watched directory make sure it is no longer showing up in the database and then move it back in. Hopefully it parses the date correctly now. If not please let me know.

Re: Incorrect "RecordingTime" dates

Bluebird
Excellent - you're a star!

I just tried it out and this seems to have fixed it.  I tried it with a known problem episode first and then a whole series which would have yielded about 8-10 wrong dates out of the 20 or so episodes and every one was fine.  It's only when I did this that I appreciated how much editing I will now be relieved of! :-)

One final - and I hope very minor - request.  Can you make the date format consistent for the two date fields in the settings program?  RecordingTime is yyyy-mm-dd and BroadcastDate is dd/mm/yyyy (there's also an inconsistency between the dates in the edit dialog box from here)?  I only mention this in case you want to 'tidy' this part up but I'm very happy with this fix so please consider this request closed as it stands.

Thanks again - your responsiveness as a developer does you huge credit and deserves continued success.