Improvements to scheduled recordings

qqx

Improvements to scheduled recordings

qqx
I have a couple of suggestions to improve the scheduled recordings list.

First, it would be nice if it would include shows that won't be recorded due to conflicts.  The standard listing of scheduled shows displays these with a warning sign (exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle), or three of those if it's part of a series recording. Selecting conflict items then brings up an interface to resolve the conflict. Since I don't get conflicts too often, I wouldn't mind if I needed to go through either the old scheduled recordings list or the guide to resolve the conflict; but it would be nice if I could at least be alerted to them through Recorded TV HD.

Second, I'd like there to be more indication of when things are scheduled to record without needing to highlight each item. The standard list of scheduled recordings does a pretty good job of this.

Now that I think of it, I'd probably be satisfied for both of these items if with just a quick way to get to the normal scheduled recordings list.

Re: Improvements to scheduled recordings

jomega
I would like if the "scheduled" option was above the category selection bar like the initial release had. This made it easy to get to the scheduled list no matter what category you were in.  Now, I am in "Date-Recorded" category most of the time and it is lots of key presses to get to the scheduled recording menu.

In the past you would just press arrow up to access the schedule recording view.

Even better then moving the option above the menu bar would be if an option to use the old "Recorded TV" was added to the possible buttons for the RTHD menu strip.  This would allow me to hide the old "Recorded TV" menu strip and also have quick access to scheduled recording by using the back key from RTHD and selecting the old "Recorded TV" option on menu strip.  I could also use this to schedule manual recordings.

Thanks for making such a cool add in.

Re: Improvements to scheduled recordings

danofun
It would be nice to have the ability to cancel recordings from the schedule.  Also, to see the episode details inside the episode details screen and potentially other times when this episode is airing.

Re: Improvements to scheduled recordings

tradetek
Yes, I noticed that when I select a poster for an item in the scheduled recordings view it shows me a favorites list instead of showing me the details of the recording. I'd prefer to details similar to the WMC defaults for the item, in particular other showtimes, etc so that I can manipulate conflicts if necessary.

Re: Improvements to scheduled recordings

For some reason Microsoft really limits what 3rd party developers can do and how much data you can pull from the guide... I'm looking into this. Others, such as Remote Potato, have found ways around this. I do not believe what they are doing is allowed to be done in a commercial product. I may be wrong, but I will look into what can and cannot be done.