How to get a show to appear when it is not available in thetvdb.com

How to get a show to appear when it is not available in thetvdb.com

hchucky
One of the shows that my wife watches is not available in http://thetvdb.com.  The file name is The Dr Oz Show - S03E131.mpg.  If I do a search for The Dr Oz Show in thetvdb.com it can not find it.  When I go into Find a Missing or Unidentified File the correct series cover art appears for selection, I select it and proceed to try and select the correct episode.  Unfortunately only the episodes for season 1-2 are available for selection.

This leaves me with two questions...
1. if Recorded TV HD can not find the metadata for a given recording is it then not possible to display that recording for selection/playback?
2. If thetvdb did not have a listing for the Dr OZ Show then where did the series cover art and episode information come from when I went through the Find a Missing or Unidentified File process?

Thanks,
HC

Re: How to get a show to appear when it is not available in thetvdb.com

1. At this point, that is correct. For other file types if it is not found on thetvdb.com it can't be shown in Recorded TV HD.

2. The Dr. Oz Show is located here: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=123401

Possible solutions:
1. Contribute to thetvdb.com and add the missing episodes.
2. Select an incorrect episode through the identify files section and then through the external Recorded TV HD Settings program you can go into the Episodes Override tab and modify the metadata.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to deal with situations like this.

Re: How to get a show to appear when it is not available in thetvdb.com

hchucky
Thanks for the prompt response.  I see now that it did not show up for me because I did not include the period "." after "Dr".