How to Identify Shows archived on WHS machine

How to Identify Shows archived on WHS machine

Beefcake
I have WMC recording to a local drive on my HTPC and I have it set so that it archives every recording once it's done to my WHS machine in another room with tons of storage. The problem is that when the recording is occurring, but before it's moved, it shows up in RecordedTV HD on the menu. Once it's moved, it disappears. If I copy it back momentarily, it shows up again. I have entered the credentials correctly for monitoring a UNC path. It shows all the files as unidentified and I can't figure out why. Even if I identify one manually, it won't show up in "RecordedTV HD"....HELP!

What am I doing wrong????

-Confused

Re: How to Identify Shows archived on WHS machine

Just to double check... the credentials you are entering need to be for the account on that local machine.... not credentials for the network share. If you can browse to that network location using those local machine credentials it should work.

You can check to see if there are any events in the event viewer for the Recorded TV HD Service. Check specifically when it starts. It will tell you which directories it is monitoring and if there are any directories it can't monitor.

Post back with any findings. Thanks.

Re: How to Identify Shows archived on WHS machine

Beefcake
Yes, I am entering the credentials (but I will double check) for the local machine.

I got it working!! :)

Looks like I was using the wrong user name (I had renamed the user in Windows). Total brain fart.

Thanks for responding so quickly. I think you just got another paid user coming soon....

Re: How to Identify Shows archived on WHS machine

Great news! Thanks!