High CPU Usage

R0by
After installing RecordedTVHD my cpu usage has increased to a steady 50% when running WMC.  If I uninstall RecTVHD the cpu usage goes back to normal during WMC use.
thanks

Re: High CPU Usage

Which process is using the most cpu (the one causing the problem)?  Is it simply when Media Center is open, when Recorded TV HD is running, when playing media?

I haven't seen any cpu related issues on my end, so any more details would be appreciated.

Re: High CPU Usage

R0by
The increase was seen in the ehshell and ehtray processes.  Not even playing anything back - only opening wmc.  I had media center studio and media browser plugins installed also.  Any issue with using these plugins together?  Anyway - I've since reinstalled w7 because media center studio was causing issues.  I'll let you know how it turns out this time around.
Thanks for the fast reply.

Re: High CPU Usage

R0by
Started with a clean install of 7 and only imported this plugin - same issue with the cpu. I've attached a pic of the running processes when wmc starts - ehshell.exe runs steady at ~40% with this plugin while without the plugin I see ~5%.

Re: High CPU Usage

R0by
Looks like I found something (see pic).  By disabling the "Recorded TV HD Background App inside WMC extra library, the cpu spike is removed.

What is the background app doing - do I need this to automatically pic up new shows?  Can I set it to run on a scheduled time?
thanks

Re: High CPU Usage

R0by
And now turning the above checkbox back on seems to work fine.  Hope this helps someone.

Re: High CPU Usage

Thanks for the information.  The background app monitors for playing media and allows the resume feature to work. It definitely shouldn't be using that much cpu. I'll take a look at my code and see what I can optimize.

Thanks again,
Mark

Re: High CPU Usage

I found the problem. It looks like the high CPU usage is only occurring if Media Center doesn't have any media playing or paused.  It will be fixed in the next release.