Hide Favorites from Standard View

magpowerzip
I love this addin for WMC. Thank you. Have a request.

In the settings, you have an option to "hide movies from standard view".
This setting works great for movies I record. Would it be possible to do
the same for favorites? As an example, i set up a favorites list called
"Music Concerts", then went through the list of recordings and marked all
of the concerts I have recorded. They all show up under "Music Concerts"
just fine, but they also show up in the main list (or standard view).
Would it be possible to add an option to hide those from the standard view,
so they only show up under the favorites? Is so, that would be greatly
appreciated. If there is a way to do it now, I am not finding it.
Thanks for your time and effort. Later.

magpowerzip

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

dmccall
I second this request. In my case I have shows, such as Breaking Bad, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, etc, that I don't want to show up in the general listing. I have a young child and I don't want it to be so easy for her to stumble onto shows that aren't appropriate for her. Likewise, I'd like the baby shows to be sequestered from cluttering the main view, too.

I think that you'd just need to put a Yes/No field in your settings database corresponding to a Hide Tagged Shows question. Then upon displaying "All Shows", if the setup value is set to "yes" then execute a query that only returns items that have no tag (all tags values = "no" or "", for example).

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

Bluebird
First of all - thanks for a great product!

I absolutely agree and want to add my vote for this one.  In my case I tend to watch and then delete regular weekly shows that I've recorded.  It would be useful for these to stay in a default ('non-favourited') area which doesn't include anything marked as a favourite.
Anything that is marked as a favourite would then be accessible in the relevant 'favourites' areas - in my case these areas would be:

   * shows only I watch
   * shows only my partner watches
   * shows only my toddler watches
   * shows myself and my partner watch.

I appreciate this wouldn't suit everyone but an option to exclude favourites from the default area similar to the 'exclude movies' option (as magpowerzip suggests) would be perfect.

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

Working on it.... I'll post here when I have something for you all to test.

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

What are your opinions on the following....

You have a favorites list set to hide the containing series from the standard views. Should those series show up when selecting a genre or a channel?

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

magpowerzip
I say yes, go ahead and have them show up when selecting a genre or a channel. What I need is for the items that I place in a favorites list to show up in that favorites list, but be hidden from standard view.
This would be similar to movies that I record go under "movies" list that is build in to your program, but are hidden from standard view as long as the option is checked in setup. An example would be a show on VH1 I enjoy called "Behind the Scenes" and "Classic Concerts". I have created a favorites list called "Music & Concerts". I would like to put these shows and others in this favorites list, but not have them show up in standard view, so I can keep them separated from all the evening shows I record off of the main networks.
In setup, there is the option "hide movies from standard view". What I was thinking was another option, maybe called "hide favorites from standard view".

This feature would be greatly appreciated. If you need me to test something for you or have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again for an awesome piece of software. Later.

magpowerzip

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

dmccall
I'm inferring that you are proposing adding a "favorite type" called "Do Not Show in Main List" (or something like that). If this is the case, can you make it auto-select as soon as the first user-defined favorite is selected? I think that people would almost always opt for this; in essence "moving" the recorded program from the Main View to a Favorites list. They could certainly deselect this behavior or a series-by-series basis.

As far as the answer to your question goes :) ... I completely agree with magpowerzip. I'd make it consistent with the behavior with movies.

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

Please try out the latest beta and let me know how that works for you. Basically you set the setting per favorite list. For example... I've set my kid's favorite list to "Hide series assigned to this list from standard views" so their stuff doesn't show up under title, date recorded, etc.

Latest beta info and download

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

magpowerzip
I tried out the latest beta and the feature I requested works exactly as I need.
I assigned many recordings to two different favorites lists. And now those recordings
DO NOT show up in the standard views, but still show up in their respective favorites
list, exactly how I wanted. Thank you so much for your time and effort implementing
this feature for me. I truely appreciate it. And thanks again for an awesome program.
Best $20 I spent in a long time. Your support of this program is excellent.

Thanks again. Have a nice day. later,

magpowerzip.

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

Bluebird
Sorry to appear to disappear from this thread - I've just had a long holiday weekend away here in the UK.

I tried the latest beta out last night and it works just as I'd hoped.  Including series marked as favourites in the genre and channel lists makes sense, too.

Just to (re-)state it - you've developed an great product and your excellent support of is is very much appreciated.

Re: Hide Favorites from Standard View

dmccall
Works great for me, too!