Have to restart service to see new content

Have to restart service to see new content

redstar92
Hey guys, so I am having a weird issue over the last few weeks.  I have to keep restarting the RTVHD service whenever there is new content to be retrieved. When I record new shows on WMC I see them in default recorded tv but not in RTVHD until I stop and start the service.  Any ideas?  This is bringing the wife acceptance down to the minimum for something that used to work like a charm.

Thank you all!

Hope to see updates to this wonderful piece of software!

Cheers!

Re: Have to restart service to see new content

TheMayor
I have this same problem & solved it by creating 2 batch files, which run in 2 separate scheduled tasks every 4 hours.  One is to stop the service, & one is to start the service.

I opened notepad & entered the following & saved each as RTVHDStop.bat & RTVHDStart.bat

net stop recordedtvhdservice
exit

net start recordedtvhdservice
exit

Next I scheduled a task to run the RTVHDSTOP.bat every 4 hours (on the hour) & another task to the RTVHDStart.bat file every 4 hours, 2 minutes after the RTVHDStopbat task runs

Let me know if you need help with setting up the tasks

Re: Have to restart service to see new content

redstar92
Hey themayor, thanks for your help!  I started doing this as well and it's better!  Still hoping this great SW gets some other additions/fixes :)

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 5:33 AM -0800, "TheMayor [via Recorded TV HD Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have this same problem & solved it by creating 2 batch files, which run in 2 separate scheduled tasks every 4 hours.  One is to stop the service, & one is to start the service.

I opened notepad & entered the following & saved each as RTVHDStop.bat & RTVHDStart.bet

net stop recordedtvhdservice
exit

net start recordedtvhdservice
exit

Next I scheduled a task to run the RTVHDSTOP.bat every 4 hours (on the hour) & another task to the RTVHDStart.bat file every 4 hours, 2 minutes after the RTVHDStopbat task runs

Let me know if you need help with setting up the tasks

http://recorded-tv-hd-forum.1045789.n5.nabble.com/Have-to-restart-service-to-see-new-content-tp5709041p5709042.html
To unsubscribe from Have to restart service to see new content, click here.
NAML