Getting Movies to work

mogulman
I noticed that movies that are recorded from my tuners show up in the movies folder.

Does Recorded TV HD support displaying Movies that are ripped from DVD/Blu-ray or downloaded?  If so, how do I make this work?   I tried changing the file types and checking everything, but it didn't show up.

Do I need to add my movies folder to a library somewhere?  When I go to settings in the WMC UI, and select the media library it takes me to the WMC Recorded TV library setup.  I don't want to set the movie folder up as a recorded TV folder.

If it is possible to set this up, then what does Recorded TV HD use for playback?   I have Arcsoft TMT 5.

Re: Getting Movies to work

You would add the movies directories to the "Recorded TV Library" and it should work properly. Everything will be separated if you have the check box in the settings set to hide movies from the standard interface.

At this point it will only attempt to play the movies through Media Center. It will not play a Blu-ray folder structure or launch a 3rd party application.... It is on the feature request list... just not sure when I'll be able to get to it.

Re: Getting Movies to work

mogulman
But won't this mess up my Recorded TV library for regular WMC recorded TV?

Re: Getting Movies to work

The regular WMC Recorded TV library only shows WTV or dvr-ms files. So it won't show any of your ripped DVDs or Blu-rays unless you have converted them to WTV or dvr-ms.

Re: Getting Movies to work

ThePaladinTech
This is GREAT! I wondered why my movies weren't showing up.
But...

So far I've ripped my movies as .wtv files.  So they are showing up in my regular recorded TV. What format can I rip the movies in that works well and won't show up in the regular recorded TV view?  I was told on the green button forum to use .wtv for quality and smooth FF/REW. Is there another format I can use that offers all of that?

Thanks again.

Re: Getting Movies to work

AgileHumor
This post was updated on .
@ThePaladinTech, If you're looking for anything other than basic movie support (and awesome recorded tv support), you should check out the MCE addon MediaBrowser 3 (Server + Classic WMC Version).

They also support all the movie format your PC has to offer.

I hope Recorded TV HD maintains it's awesome TV focus (melding downloaded and recorded perfectly) and doesn't try to be a movie platform.