I was just wondering if there are any updates planned to possibly help with identifying shows that are difficult shows to identify.
Also would it be possible to adjust the list theme to allow the list to extend all the way across the screen (instead of just halfway) with no background? Kind of having it just a straight list of shows with no eye candy?
Wanna test that part out for me? Been really busy and the next full release isn't ready yet... but you can download and replace the settings program and test it out:
1. Download zip file above.
2. Extract the zip file and overwrite the RecordedTVHDSettings.exe in your C:\Program Files (x86)\RecordedTVHD\ directory.
3. When opening the exe it may tell you that the publisher is not verified, but you'll need to select the option to run anyway.
Thanks. It works well for my unidentified movies. The only issue I experience is that the poster (automatically obtained from folder.jpg) is shown properly in the "Add Movie" dialog but after I Save it is lost/not saved with the movie. I then have to Edit the movie (in Series Override) to re-associate the poster.
This External Settings update for the Manual Identification functionality is worthy of a release in itself. For the first time ever, my Unidentified list is completely empty.
As you and I discussed previously, I had three Disney animated movies (101 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland and Tarzan) that were permanent residents on my Unidentified list. They are non-WTV files that refused to identify, even when they were renamed with the year in the filename, being sure to move them out of the watch directory first and moving them back in when done. When using the artwork identification tool, the correct movie would come up every time but it refused to populate the movie data.
Part of the issue had to do with newer live-action movies existing with the same names. This was also starting to cause issues with the artwork of other animated titles (e.g., Hercules, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella). Using the artwork identification tool didn't resolve the issue. Instead, it just sent those titles to the Unidentified list until I got them re-identified with the correct movie data but wrong artwork.
When using the Manually Add Selected functionality in the External Settings program, the three movies populated with the correct movie data and moved from Unidentified to Movies. However, they also had the wrong artwork due to newer live-action versions.
Also, when using the Manually Add Selected functionality, I was only able to specify a year so the Recording Time and Broadcast Date defaulted to the January 1st of that year. I could specify the Month and Date on the Episodes tab, but then the Channel Number, Season Number and Episode Number all populated with "0" and it wouldn't let me blank them out.
To resolve these issues after using the Manually Add Selected functionality, I resorted to fixing them in the database. Now, everything is working as desired. To fix the artwork, I changed the MCID in Series and Episodes to include the year in parenthesis (which prompted an artwork check at TheMovieDB.org). I kept the SeriesName and SeriesSortName without the year so they would display the way that I wanted in the GUI. I hadn't added the movies to a Favorites list yet so I didn't need to edit the FavoritesList table. While in these two tables, I also marked these movies as ProtectedFromDelete. When done, I added them to my desired Favorites list.
The unique MCID (with the year listed) still allows me to distinguish between the older animated versions and the newer live-action versions. I have the live-action Alice in Wonderland recorded as well so I have a working example of this.
For the Manually Add Selected functionality, I recommend making these enhancements:
** Allow MCID to differ from SeriesName and SeriesSortName (so artwork retrieval will work and GUI can display cleaner name date; the date is listed in the details so I don't see it necessary in the name).
** Allow input of Release Date (YYYY-MM-DD) as Broadcast Date and Recording Time.
** Allow changing of ProtectedFromDelete at Series level, Episodes level, and both.
Thank you, MJT. Great work in eliminating an issue that's been bugging me for awhile.
Just downloaded the new beta settings file with manual identification and all I have to say is, you sir, are the effin' man! Exactly the feature I was waiting for. Solved all of my problems with unidentified files and also allows me to now have my home movies listed in RTVHD. The features and functionality RTVHD add to WMC are awesome, I could never go back to default WMC. Without a doubt, the best $20 I've ever spent!