Frustrated Wife

LanceWebb
My wife keeps complaining that Record TV HD does not work and she get frustrated, then goes back to the native Recorded TV.  I have been watching what she is doing and explained what she is doing wrong, but she keeps doing the same thing.

She will scroll all the way up to the “Top Menu Bar” and she is not able to scroll over through the menu.  What she is not realizing is that if you scroll all the way up to the top, you are actually in “View Schedule”.  Even after I keep telling her, she still keeps doing it!

What is odd is that if you are in “View Schedule”, you can scroll to left it will kick up back to “Top Menu Bar”, but if scroll to right it does not do anything……. and normally you trying to go right.

I do have to agree with her.  It might be more intuitive to have the “View Schedule” icon on the far right of the “Top Menu Bar”

Just a little feedback,   Lance

Re: Frustrated Wife

You and your wife are definitely on to something. Thank you for the
suggestion. I'll see what I can do.

Re: Frustrated Wife

FYI... I've got something that should make you happy in the next release.  Once I'm positive it is stable I'll post here with a beta.

Re: Frustrated Wife

In the latest beta I've moved the "scheduled" onto the top menu bar.  Try it out and let me know what you think:

http://www.recordedtvhd.com/download/beta/RecordedTVHDSetup.msi

Re: Frustrated Wife

LanceWebb
Perfect!  This much better.  The only other idea I would have is to make "Schedule" go all the way to the right side..... if possible.  Just to make it stand out and not look like "Favorite".

Also like being able to adjust the number of pixles in the "Drop Down Bar".  Might want to change it from Pixles to maybe Percentages.

But great beta,  works well!

Re: Frustrated Wife

LanceWebb
Notice a issue with the "Schedule".  This error popped up and would come right back once you clicked "OK".  Had to close MC and stop and restart thr Recorded TV HD service.  Not if it was the beta or just my machine.   Lance

Re: Frustrated Wife

Not sure how you hit the limit... the Windows Media Center SDK states:

An ExtendedPropertyExceededLimitException is thrown for "Title" and "Description" properties of scheduled recording events after the number of queries to those properties exceeds about 1200 times in one day.

My guess is that Recorded TV HD checking for the schedule + any other third party Windows Media Center applications that may be doing the same thing you must have hit the limit.