Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

12

RE: Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

eclas
I'm seeing more and more menu freezes and need to power toggle my xbox to get it back.
Using win 8.1 x64
No definitive fix huh?

RE: Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

As someone stated earlier, it seems to be a problem with Windows 8.1. I've actually kept my production home Media Center on Windows 7 because of this issue as well as the lack of support for 3rd party extenders in Windows 8.1.

RE: Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

eclas
I still have my windows 7 DVD. If I were to install win 7 and and just point to my same recording folder those would show up in the "new" win 7 machine under media center right?

RE: Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

You could use the backup and restore feature in the Recorded TV HD Settings program that is outside of Media Center and as long as all your paths are same to the recording folder and other folders monitored, you wouldn't really lose anything at all.

RE: Freezes with Xbox 360 Extender

eclas
Thanks for that info!
12