Finally the plugin I have been searching for! Some Metadata questions

Finally the plugin I have been searching for! Some Metadata questions

o00o
Hi all, I have been trawling through all kings of awfully complicated plugins and finally stumbled upon this beauty. All of the things that I thought should be easy - automatic metadata/backdrops, simple fixing metadata where auto gets it wrong, favourites, correct genres... all in one package - awesome job.

So I am trying to move 4500 tv programs from an old PVR/DVR (topfield 5800) as it is showing it's age now and moving to WMC and with RecordedTVHD has the main addin. I intend to convert the .rec files to .wtv which videoredo does quite nicely but there is no metadata support really.

However I would like the resulting wtv's to be as close to if they were recorded on the wmc originally which lead me to wonder how the RecordedTVHD manages the wtv metadata. On lookup to online sources, does it
A. update the metadata in the wtv (at least the bits that make sense)
or
B.does it leave the wtv alone entirely and capture the metadata in a separate database somewhere.

If A that is great as I guess all I need to do is to set the filename to something that will allow the auto online metadata finder to complete the job for me. Can I provide just the title and the episode name or number and get good results (e.g. title-episodename) or something else?
If B can anyone suggest the best approach to get the wtv properties back in from the metadata that is held in RecordedTVHD? Is this something that someone has already done?

Thanks for any help!

PS. I do have the old metadata from the over the air epg info although it will need a little one off database work. I have Title, Channel, Recorded Date start, Duration, Episode name or episode 1/9, 2/9 etc, description. No Season/Series information though... although are a couple of IDs that I think series link uses e.g. /KU3FZM /15CKJE .. perhaps these might be useful?..

Re: Finally the plugin I have been searching for! Some Metadata questions

Recorded TV HD will pull the metadata from the WTV files themselves once and store it in a Recorded TV HD database, but does not currently modify the WTV file metadata in any way.

Depending on how much metadata VideoRedo puts in the files, Recorded TV HD will actually use the file name to try to identify the file and pull the metadata from the internet, but the file will have to be named according to the standards and like I said, the WTV file needs to be missing a lot or vital metadata for it to search by the filename.

Re: Finally the plugin I have been searching for! Some Metadata questions

Keylonta
W7 64bit

Presently I have all my recorded TV movies managed by MediaBrowser. I plan to move them into Recorded TV HD. I did a test run and transferred 10 movie into the Recorded TV HD directory. Although the movies are all well known, and MediaBrowser was able to pull all the Artwork, Recorded TV HD will only show 2 of the movies artwork.

An example of the movie file names is "A Beautiful Mind (2001)", which I had to rename to so that MediaBrowser would pull the artwork, instead of the original naming scheme e.g. "Fright Night_Prime Southern_2013_11_22_22_50_00 - DVRMS".

I tried rebuilding the database but the artwork still does not show.

All my recorded TV movies have been converted from .wtv to .dvr-ms with WtvWatcher, and then had the adds removed using Lifextender. I wonder if this might have affected the metadata.

Re: Finally the plugin I have been searching for! Some Metadata questions

Keylonta
I recorded a movie and ran it through the WtvWatcher and Lifextender process to see what might be causing the issue, and it turned out to be Lifextender. I fixed it by selecting "Copy all metadata from the original file to the uncommercialized file" in the Lifextender settings.

I should also note that this issue was causing the movies to not be put in the "Movies" section.

Only problem now with all my previously recorded movies is I have to use the "Fix Identification Problems" feature in Recorded TV HD to get the artwork and have the movies appear in the "Movie" section, which I don't mind so much, but I tested to see if the artwork would be retained when the database is rebuilt and it isn't.

In the setting is there a way I can apply the new metadata to the movie file itself or does it only store the new metadata in the database file?