Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Pasha
when sharing over the network.

I have two mce boxes, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.  I'm sharing the recorded tv folder between both of them in recordedtvhd and everything is showing up looking great.  The wife approval factor is through the roof :)

Unfortunately the program does not show which recordings carry the copy protected flag and lists them along side everything else.  Needless to say when the wife tries to watch one of them, mce refuses.

Is there any way i can setup the program not to display these recordings?  In other words, if it sits on a network drive, and it carries a copy protected flag - just don't show it.  There is no need to... it won't play anyway :)

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

I've got a couple days left of my vacation and then I'll have to try to catch up some :)....

Once I do I may need your help testing a bunch because I don't have access to cable and thus no access to test anything to do with copy protection.

If you are willing to help, I'll let you know when I'm ready to take a look.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Pasha
will be glad to help... as luck would have it - i have some time coming up next week :)

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

tradetek
So, I'm also interested in this as an option, however if you do get it to work I think it would be useful to have an option for a special badge so that others in the household can see that it is recorded but not available for playback on their machine.

Note, when you are ready to work on this, it might be easiest for one of us with protected content to record a short snippet and upload it to Dropbox for you to download to your test box so that you can actually work with the raw file. Then we can help you test from there and gather logs, etc from a live environment as necessary.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

If either of you want to record a minute or two of a copy once recording, that would be great. Once I have that I can do some testing.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

tradetek

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Thanks.... Downloading now. When I get a chance I'll see what I can do and will let you guys know if I have any questions or need anything else.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Pasha

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

tradetek
Interesting... TVLand is copy once on your system? Might be worthwhile to identify what cable company each one came from mine came from Comcast / Xfinity.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

I was just thinking... I can see from the metadata on the wtv file whether or not it is copy protected, yet I'm not sure at this point how to check if the current computer is authorized to play it. I'll have to give it some thought and may need your help.

yes, TVLand along with a number of other channels that i would consider to be "basic" (History 2, National Geographic and at least another dozen others) carry a flag on cablevision... it's annoying.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

Pasha
not sure how it works on other systems.

here, if i try to play a file that's marked copy protected over the network (not on an extender) it will error out.

Re: Filtering copy protected recordings from showing up...

tradetek
Same here, but the only channels on Comcast that carry the copy once flag are the movie channels to my knowledge/experience, although I haven't tried the all of course...

MJT, can you post what metadata you see and we can let you know what is unique to our systems.