Features

vance
Let me make a few suggestions. I am sorry if I suggest a feature you have already implemented but I have not discovered.

First of all, I consider speed a feature. I suggest that any time spent making the app more responsive is time well spent.

A minor issue is that the wrench icon appears exactly where the minimize,maximize,close controls appear whenever I move my mouse.

The channel buttons jump by a page. I would like to jump by date (today, yesterday, etc)

A bigger target for the mouse would be great. For instance, the play/pause/resume icons are clickable but the text by the icon is not clickable. The entire interface could be looked at.

The play options box could include an option to play the most recently recorded.

Could you offer a listing of shows by season, sort of like the way you group recordings by date recorded. Currently season is another level which means I need to drill down an extra level to see the shows.

Thanks,
Vance

Re: Features

vance
Any comments as to whether any of my ideas have merit?
Thanks,
Vance

Re: Features

1. I agree with speed and reliability.
2. I know, but I wanted the wrench icon to be as far out of the way as possible so it doesn't obstruct anything else. You can use the arrow keys on remote or keyboard to get to it.
3. The channel button jumps are set defaults in the way Media Center handles lists. BUT... I may have the ability to override them. I will add it to my list, but I have no idea on any timing so I'm not going to make any promises :)
4. Yes, I know that you can only click on the icon and not the word when using the mouse... I prioritized on remote control input and never got around to fixing that problem. I'll take a look again.
5. "play most recent" is on my to-do list.
6. "Separate by season on main screen" could probably be an option I could add. I'll add it to my feature request list.

Thank you for your requests and I'm sorry it took me so long to respond.

Re: Features

vance
Cool! I'll keep an eye on your new releases. You already have a great product any enhancements will only make it better.

And since Microsoft is not doing much with WMC in Windows 8 you are our best hope for an improved interface.

Thanks,
Vance