Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
I've been having this problem recently of files 'falling out' of the favorite lists they are in. Specifically, files that were previously assigned to a favorite list showing up in the unidentified list again. I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason to this yet, but as I get some more info I will report back.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
It seems this problem is rooted in the same 'illegal characters in filename' issue as with the 'unidentified files' from my other posts. I had a file with an illegal character in it that apparently was causing some other files to come up as unidentified. I moved that file out of the watched folder and haven't noticed this problem since.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

Good news. Can you send me the name of the file that was causing the problems so I can investigate?

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
The files was "  'Twas the Night Before Christmas" (I added the spaces so you could delineate between the quotes and the apostrophe). I tried renaming the file without the apostrophe, but it seems RTH keeps referring to it based on the TVDB listing, which has the apostrophe.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

It added just fine as a movie for me... is it supposed to be a movie or tv? I just named a test file: " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.mpg" ... was it named something different?

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
I believe it's TV. Mine is named " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974).avi". I'm pretty sure this is the file that was causing the problem, as I moved it back into a watched folder and the problem returned. How do I specify it as a movie instead of TV? I thought that was done automatically by RTH.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

Odd... that file name still works for me.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
The cause of this problem may actually be the opposite of what I reported. I have noticed that whenever a recorded show that isn't assigned to a favorites list is present in the 'non-favorites' list it causes some shows to 'fall out' from their assigned lists. The recorded shows are .wtv files that I record through WMC and the files that 'fall out' are as follows:

Frosty the Snowman (1954).avi
The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat (1982).avi
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1972).avi

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
Just to clarify above, the files that 'fall out' from their assigned favorites lists only appear in the 'non-favorites' list in WMC, not in the 'unidentified files' list in the RTH GUI.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

I have no idea what is going on. There could be something strange in your database. If you'd like me to take a look you can email me the following file to support@recordedtvhd.com

C:\Users\Public\RecordedTVHD\database\RecordedTVHDdb.s3db

Once I get that I'll have to see if I see anything out of the ordinary with the files you mentioned.

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

pezboy
Just emailed the database file to you. I also realized I misreported one of the problem files in the post above. 'Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (1982)' was not one of the persistent files that 'fell out' of the favorites list, it was 'It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown (1974)'. That file and the other 2 above always seem to show up in the 'non-favorites' list right after I record a new show that has not yet been assigned to a favorites list. I noticed another post on the forum where the parentheses and the year in the filename may have caused an issue. Might that be the case here? Also, I am using 1.7.19 beta, should I try 1.7.24 alpha?

Re: Favorites falling out of lists

I haven't had much time to look at the database, but under a quick glance it looks like at least a couple of those mentioned have a bunch of entries in the favorites list in the database when there should only be one. I'll have to test later and see if removing all of them and then adding them again fixes the problem.